Chapter 3- Revenge Results in Broken Bones

The next day at school at the end of the day, I was on my way down the hallway to head to the DX with Pony, Two-Bit, and Johnny when I heard a scuffling coming from down another hallway. 

         I turned and headed down that hall, curious, and as I got closer I could see Johnny, pinned up against the lockers by three burly Socs that I recognized as members of the football team.  I was gonna help Johnny out, but he seemed to be handling it himself just fine.

         “Hey grease,” one of them jeered, the wide receiver I believe but I didn’t care either way.

         “What do you say we give this kid a good working over?  Maybe that’ll teach him to not put so much grease in his hair,” another one of them said, the running back possibly, flipping out a blade.

         I tensed up, reaching for my back pocket and ready to help Johnny out if he needed it.

         The biggest of the three, who could only be the quarterback, laughed cruelly and slammed a fist into Johnny’s stomach.

        With a cry of pain he went down, and I took a few steps forward as he unsteadily got to his feet.  He swung a fist, and the running back went down with a broken nose I think.  Then the quarterback slugged Johnny right across the jaw, and he doubled over from the sheer force, nearly falling once again.  After a knee to the stomach sent Johnny to the floor again, I whipped out my blade and charged towards them, just as he struggled to his feet again, pulling out his own blade.

         I jumped on the back of the guy with blood gushing from his misshapen nose, holding the blade against his throat so if he tried to throw me off he’d have to face a slit throat.  He spun around in circles, and slammed me into the lockers with a loud metallic clang, but I managed to hold on. 

         Johnny had tried to slice his blade across the wide receiver’s leg, but then the quarterback grabbed Johnny’s arm and twisted it in a direction it wasn’t supposed to go.  A strangled cry of pain escaped Johnny’s mouth as his face contorted in pain, but even that couldn’t drown out the loud crunching crack as the guy busted his arm.

         I cringed at the sound, and was literally thrown off the guy’s back, dropping my blade in the process, but I quickly scrambled to my feet and jumped on the quarterback’s back, I was furious that he’d just busted Johnny’s arm like it was a mere twig.

          “Johnny, are you okay?” I managed to ask him, noticing the pained expression on his face as he tried to hold back tears and how he cradled his right arm, holding it close to his chest.

        Before I could hear his answer though, the quarterback rammed me into the lockers just like his friend had done-who I noticed had disappeared along with the running back-and I had to let go or face a couple of busted bones myself.  Hoping Johnny was okay, I managed to trip the quarterback and get him on the ground because obviously even I couldn’t tackle him, and I jumped on him, ramming my elbow into his side and heard another crack as I hopefully busted some of his ribs.  He deserved it for doing that to Johnny.  I rammed my fist into his face, which delivered a satisfying crunch, giving him a broken nose as well just like his buddy.  He tried to throw me off but I managed to grab his arm as I flew through the air and fell to the floor, and I’m pretty sure I heard a crack as that snapped too. 

         I still wasn’t done getting revenge on him for breaking Johnny’s arm, but just as I was about to leap on him again, someone grabbed me by the collar of my leather jacket and hauled me off.

         I turned around, ready to slug this guy too, when I realized it was the principal.  Shit.