Chapter 7: Embracing The Shadows

The next day was as normal as usual for The Guardian, and quite nice. Tink was playing with Dip in water and Laa was playing with her bouncy ball.

Walten was alone with Po, his basic crush. Like earlier said, he had what the Coat Men said he should never have. A crush. In other words, he felt an unexplained attraction to the red and now spider like girl.

"It's a nice day, isn't it?" Po asked suddenly, sitting next to The Guardian.

Walten smiled. "Yeah. It really is, isn't it?"

Po smiled back. "Tink was right. You're nice to talk too."

Walten shrugged. "Call it a trait of mine."

Po snorted and then began laughing an adorable giggle. "You're funny."

Sooner or later, the two began to laugh up a storm. Not caring how loud they were, or how insignificant or unnecessary it was to laugh. It made the two smile, and that was all that mattered.

Po then faced The Guardian. "Hey, I never said this, but thanks."

"Hmm? For what, Po?"

"For bringing us all back." Po said simply. "I regret doing anything I may I have done bad to you or my friends. But, even though you didn't know us in person, you did everything to bring us back. And well, that makes you a friend in my book." Po said with a kind smile.

Walten smiled widely, but kept a calm composure. "I'm glad you're even my friend. I really am. You have no idea how long I've wanted to meet you all."

"Well, now you don't have to imagine."

As Po and Walten talked, time flew by rather quickly and soon enough? It was time for sleep. After a midnight snack, The Guardian snuggled up in his bed and blankets, setting his favorite hat aside and actually falling asleep.

But then, The Guardian who named himself Walten groaned, his head pounding as if it was trying to break his skull. He looked around and then saw barely anything, the area he was in was almost pitch black, but he was the only light source, yet he wasn't glowing.

"Ok, this place is weird...Where am I anyway?" He asked himself, getting to his feet and looking around.

Wherever he was, he was walking on a black and white checkered floor and everything else was nothing but darkness.

Walten tried walking around, hoping he would find something, or at the very least bump into someone or something.

But nothing, he was lost in this area of darkness.

"How am I gonna get out of here? And why does this place look so familiar...?" Walten asked, hiding his fear.

"You have been here before." A voice spoke.

Walten went wide eyed and turned around, looking in every direction to find the owner of the voice. "Who's there?"

"I don't exactly have a name to go by...But, you can call me..." Then, a black figure with bloody fangs and claws walked up to him, his screen almost blinding to look at. It was the black creature again. "Shadow."

Walten backed up...He saw this creature in only hallucinations and nightmares, and they always terrified him. But now the black monster he and Laa feared was right in front of him. "S-Stay back!"

Shadow smiled even wider. "How cute. To think, you see me all the time and yet fear still flows through your mind and makes your body tremble. It's so...riveting."

Walten trembled a little like Shadow had said he would do, but he quickly shook it off and hid his fear, standing straight and not moving away from the monster.