21st

yo dawgs

proving i'm not completely useless and i haven't been doing fuck all for the past month (sort of), i come bearing stories! so basically this is a short story i've been writing for everykingdom and will have an update every day till Christmas (if all goes to plan). 21LTN will hopefully be updated as soon as possible, and i'm currently writing another story called 40 shots for you all xx

lots of love,

georgia x

- there I was again tonight;

faking laughter, forcing smiles;

21st December, 2013

It was cold, and windy.

Louis was anxious to get back home, back to hot chocolate and fluffy slippers. The night air was biting as his bones, nipping at his skin. Underneath his feet, the ground was slippy and icy. He'd nearly tripped over twice now, before catching himself just in time.

He could feel people rushing by him, heading home after a long day of Christmas shopping. And Louis? He'd done all his a long while ago, already wrapped in shiny wrapping paper and hidden in the big cupboard under the sink.

But this year it wasn't the same. Last Christmas he'd spent with his family and Eleanor, and later the four idiots he liked to call his band mates.

Now he'd spend it alone.

It wasn't purposeful. It was only that his mother had booked a holiday in Lapland for his sisters months ago, asking Louis if that was all right. Of course, assuming that he wouldn't actually be alone on Christmas day, he had Eleanor and his friends, he'd said it was completely fine with him and remember to take lots of photos. But then it turned out that Liam was his hospitalized father for Christmas, Zayn was on holiday somewhere with Perrie, Niall had flown out to Ireland because he'd broken down the beginning of October and management had thought it would be best if he took a break, and Harry, well Harry hadn't spoken to him in months.

Not after Louis had yelled in his face, blaming the younger boy for all the shit that had gone down with Eleanor, and then proceeded to get caught in a screaming match with Harry that ended with him being dragged away from the club, sobbing, while Harry lay on the floor, blood streaming from his nose and a purple bruise beginning to form on his temple.

How many times had Louis apologized?

None.

He didn't know exactly what was stopping him from simply picking up the phone, dialling Harry's number and telling him how bad he felt, how much he hated himself for saying things like that, for even thinking about laying his hands on his best friend.

Perhaps it was because it hurt him to even mention Eleanor.

Louis hoped that maybe things would get better, maybe Harry would be the first to confront him. They were in a band, after all, and it's extremely difficult to ignore someone you're working with for three months. Somehow, Harry managed it. He couldn't purposely say nothing to Louis when on TV, or in front of fans, but it wasn't Harry that talked to him in those situations. It was only what the media wanted to see, a boy that was living the dream with the boys he knew best. The boy that still whispered stupid things to Louis during concerts, still kept 'Larry' going strong in the fan's mind's.

But Louis saw the cold in the green eyes, never heard a word said to him behind cameras, felt his heart ache when Harry purposefully moved as to not sit next to him. And if he just said those two simple words, I'm sorry, then maybe everything would be better again.