Chapter 6

Ivy didn't know what to think. There was no way for her to have one of the family jackets."I know this is probably shocking, but I have to tell you something and it can't wait for tomorrow night." Kat said, walking into Ivy's room and sitting on the bed.

 "Yeah sure.  What's so important?" Ivy asked, still extremely confused.

 Kat looked at Ivy with a worried, yet proud expression. "I'm your sister."

 Ivy's jaw dropped and all she could do was stare. "But how? I mean, why didn't mom or dad ever say anything about you?"

 "I don't know.  I didn't know you even existed until you told me about Vincent and Robin." Kat explained, making a sour face when she said their parents names.  The two smiled and hugged.

 "This is amazing!  I never thought I'd have a vampire for an older sister." The girls pulled away and Kat was absolutely beaming.

 Ivy smiled, but was curious. "I am curious about one thing though. What happened when you were turned?"

 A frown immediately appeared on Kat's face. "Oh that. Um, when I was turned by a vampire that I was tracking, I obviously had to hide it from Vincent and Robin, but that didn't last long.  Once I started to develop my powers and started to control them, they found out and locked me away." Kat paused and sighed. "They were going to kill me, and I knew it, so I ran away. The vampire that bit me, Elizabeth, raised me here and when she died I took leadership of the house." Ivy finally realized why her parents were so overly protective of her; they didn't want her to end up like her sister. Unfortunate for them that's exactly what had happened.

 Kat got up and smiled at Ivy. "Good morning, little sister." she said, closing the door behind her. Ivy climbed back into bed with a smile on her face and drifted to sleep as the sun peaked over the horizon.

•••

 Ivy woke around 8:30 and reached for her glasses to find a flat, orange box and a note.  She slid her glasses on and read. 'Thought you might like these sis. Get ready and meet me in the library -Kat'

 Ivy opened the box to find some new clothes.  Inside were a pair of acid washed skinny jeans, a black belt with silver spikes, a lacy black cami, and a black and red plaid flannel. They were just her size and just her style.  It was like Kat was a mind reader.

 Ivy slipped on the outfit and her combat boots and examined herself in the vanity mirror. She quickly put on some thick eyeliner and a little mascara and headed toward the library. When she got there Kat was sitting alone, reading the works of Shakespeare on one of the loveseats. She looked up when Ivy opened the doors and put a bookmark in her page.

 "Do you like the outfit?" Kat asked.

 "It's amazing, thank you so much." Ivy replied, smiling. "What did you need sis?"-Kat stood and smiled.

 "I want to introduce you to the rest of the people in the house." Grabbing Ivy's hand, Kat lead her out into the maze of hallways. After lots of twisting and turning the girls arrived at the living room in the front of the house.  Seven other people, around the same age as Ivy and Kat, were waiting on the lavender vintage couches. "Hey guys I want to introduce you to my sister Ivy.  She's one of us and is going to join our little family." she said to everyone and they turned to Ivy, some smiling and others surprised.

 "What a lovely way to start the day." Andy said, coming in from the hallway and sitting down on the arm of one of the couches. He was only wearing a pair of navy pajama pants that revealed amazingly perfect washboard abs and strong arms. Ivy couldn't help but stare and when Andy noticed he gave her a little wink. Kat turned away with a angry expression which gave Ivy the impression that they haven't resolved their issues.

 "Before you rudely interrupted me, I was introducing Ivy to the rest of the house." Kat said in an irritated tone.

 "Don't stop on my account" Andy said, putting both his hands up in defense. Kat rolled her eyes and turned to the group.

 The people were sitting a circle around the room and Kat started at the left, working her way around the room.

 "That's Aaron." she said, pointing to a short boy with brown curly hair. He smiled and waved as he was introduced. "The twins over there are John and Jacob." Kat leaned over and whispered, "They are impossible to tell apart so I always greet them by their last name, Graves." The girls giggled and Kat continued. "The older woman over there is Victoria, and the guy next to her is Donovan."  

 "Come on Kat you know I hate that.  Call me Don." he said, smiling at the sisters. Kat smiled back.

 "And last but not least are my best friends Tessa and Leo."  Kat said as the two walked over. Tessa had short black hair and vibrant purple eyes, and Leo was super tall with messy blond hair and pale blue eyes. Tessa threw herself at Ivy and gave her a painfully tight hug.-"Its' so exciting to meet Kat's sister!" Ivy laughed as the girls broke apart.

 "So how do you like it here so far?" Kat asked. Ivy looked around the bustling room and saw all the laughs and smiling faces in the moonlight.

 "I'm home."