Chapter 5

Ivy racked her brain for information. "Honestly not much at all". she admitted.  Kat looked at her with a shocked face.-"Robin and Vincent didn't teach you anything?" she asked in disbelief.  Ivy found it weird that she called them by name.

 "No, not really. I mean, they taught me how to track, hunt, and fight.  And I know that they are super fast and strong.  But other than that I don't really know anything."

 "Well sit down and I'll explain." Kat said, offering the seat next to her. "First off, once a vampire mates with another they are connected and there lives depend on each other.  They can't be apart for more than a couple months or they die." Kat explained with a sad look on her face, and Ivy understood.

 "Oh I understand.  You aren't ready to sleep with Andy because then you would have to spend the rest of your life with him." Kat looked at Ivy.

 "I'm just not ready for that commitment yet and he doesn't understand."

 "That's rough." Ivy said and at that moment they had a understanding.  Kat then continued to explain.

 "Vampires live practically forever, or until they are hunted and killed. We heal incredibly fast, and we stop aging around 17. So you'll look more or less like that for the rest of your life." she said, the two girls smiling at each other as Kat went on.

 "There are also two different kinds of vampires- those who are born vamps and those who are turned. Born vampires are considered more powerful and have colorful eyes, and those who are bitten have eyes that are different shades of red.  That's what marks them as former humans." Ivy noticed Kat's scarlet eyes and realized she was bitten, just like her.

 "Vampires also have different powers and is different for bitten and born vamps. Vampires that are born don't get their powers until about their twelfth birthday, and bitten vamps get their powers soon after being turned." Ivy reached up at the bite marks on her neck and felt soft scar tissue.  She then looked over at Kat.

 "So you were bitten too."

 Kat smiled. "Yes I was.  You're a fast learner."

 "So do you have a power already then?" Ivy asked.  Kat smirked and a book floated over and landed in her hands'. Ivy was amazed.  "So you can control things with your mind?  That's so cool!" Both girls were beaming at each other.

 "I'm sure your power will be just as amazing." Kat smiled, looking at Ivy with a proud look on her face. "It's almost sunrise you should get some sleep and I'll see you at dusk." She got up and began to leave.

 "Hey Kat!" Ivy shouted, and Kat turned around to face her and saw Ivy running toward her. Ivy wrapped Kat into a hug and said, "Thank you.  I hope you and Andy are ok." Kat was shocked at first then hugged Ivy back like there was no tomorrow. The two left the library and went their separate ways.

 Ivy found her room after a little searching and changed into a gray pair of pajama shorts and a new, black long sleeve. She stretched and climbed into bed. Tonight was the most crazy, scary, and wonderful night of her life. She never would have imagined her life to change the way it did. Just as her eyes began to close there was a knock on the door.

 "Ivy is it ok if i come in?" Kat said from the other side of the door. What could she want? Ivy wondered as she got up to answer.

 "Do you need something Kat?" Ivy asked sleepily as she swung the door open. She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw Kat standing in the doorway in a Marlowe family jacket.

 "I have something important to tell you Ivy."