3.4

THIRTY-FOUR.
wounds can heal

🔹️🔹️🔹️

The unfriendly land of Nevarro was soon greeted by the landing of the Razor Crest. I stood up with a loud stomp, clearly upset with this whole 'plan to stop The Client' with Greef Karga. Mando turned off the ship's engines and turned around to face me.

"Don't be so angry," He sighed, towering over my figure. I rolled my eyes as he continued, "It won't get us anywhere. You're coming with us."

"Why?" I took a step closer to him, trying to intimidate him. "I'll just stay in the Razor Crest with the kid--"

"You're coming with us," He stated, staring into my eyes. My heart began to race, my face growing warmer. "And so is the kid."

I scoffed, pushing past him in an aggressive manner. Once Kuiil saw me jump down from the top level of the ship, he released the blurrgs. Shortly after this, Mando climbed down from the top floor.

"Carefully choose a blurrg and get on," Kuiil said to everyone. "However, someone will have to ride with another. We did not bring enough blurrgs for the all of us."

Before I could choose a blurrg, everyone had already taken them all. I noticed that Mando had chosen my favorite blurrg. He extended a hand out to me, offering to ride along with him. I paused for a moment, then shrugged past him and hopped onto Kuiil's blurrg. In the corner of my eye, I saw Mando roll his head as if he was somewhat annoyed by my choice. With a simple swipe of the arm, he moved the child's crib and it began to follow us.

Cara exclaimed, "Alright, let's go..!"

As the entrance of the ship opened up, we led our blurrgs out of the Razor Crest. One by one, we rode the blurrgs over to where Greef was waiting for us. Greef crossed his arms and began walking towards us; followed by his three fellow bounty hunters.

"Sorry for the remote rendezvous, Mando, but things have gotten complicated since you were last here." He announced, observing all of us. "It appears that introductions are in order. It seems we've both provided a security detail."

I looked closely at the bounty hunters that were behind Greef and saw that one was human, the other was Nikto, and the last one was a Trandoshan. I held onto Kuiil's waist, glaring at the hunters. I was a bit suspicious of them; I knew what they were here for.

"I recommend the shock trooper guards the ship. These lava fields are lousy with Jawas." Greef pointed at Cara.

"She's coming with me." Mando announced agitatedly. Greef rolled his eyes.

"But the town is now run by ex-Empire. If a rebel dropper is with us, they'll all get their hackles up--"

"She's coming." Mando snapped.

Surprised by his sudden outburst, I shifted my gaze onto him and noticed that his grasp on the blurrg's reins tightened significantly. Cara gave Greef an intimidating look in response.

"Fine.. fine. At least cover your tattoo -- no need to flaunt it." He hissed, placing his fists on the sides of his body. He turned to look at me with a stern look. "Good, I see that the girl is here. But! Where's the little one??"

We all looked in Mando's direction as he glanced at me, tapping something on his arm's controller. Just then, the metal crib went floating up to Greef. Slowly, the top opened up and revealed the child.