0.5

FIVE.
the egg

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"I see." Mando muttered under his breath.

"Yeah," I replied, my eyes glistening. I yawned as the rain continued to pour on us. "We should probably get some rest. Don't want you getting all cranky in the morning."

He snickered in response and looked back at me. We stared at one another in silence. After a couple of seconds had passed, Mando was the first to break the silence, "Good night."

"Good night." I muttered, leaning my back against the wagon. I slowly closed my eyes as raindrops fell on top of my face. I sighed and drifted off into a deep sleep.

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"Greetings!" Kuiil exclaimed in Jawa, waving at the Jawas and stopping the blurrg in front of their Sandcrawler. The creatures began bickering amongst themselves and gathering about.

I leaned over to Mando on the wagon and whispered, "They really don't like you."

"Well, I did disintegrate a few of them." He replied, making me chuckle in response. After Kuiil conversed with the Jawas for a bit longer, he turned towards Mando.

"You need to drop your rifle."

"I'm a Mandalorian." Mando said sternly. "Weapons are part of my religion."

"Then you are not getting your parts back."

Mando looked at Kuiil, then at me. I nudged him in the arm a little as I got off the wagon. He sighed, placing his rifle away. "Fine."

"And your blaster." Kuiil sighed, shaking his head. Mando dropped his blaster in the wagon, frustrated. We left the child inside the wagon just to keep him safe. Kuiil began walking over to the Jawas, "Good day!"

We sat on the floor across the Jawas, trying to get Mando's ship's parts back. After a few moments of Kuiil trying to make a deal with them, he had finally turned to talk to Mando.

"They will trade all the parts for the beskar."

"I'm not gonna trade anything. These are my parts!" Mando replied angrily. "They stole them from me..!"

The Jawas began speaking to Mando, forcing him to respond in Jawa. He stammered through the language, "They, they.. belong.. to me!"

"You speak terrible Jawa."  The lead Jawa teased Mando as the others laughed. "You sound like a Wookiee."

"You understand this?!" Mando shouted, activating his flamethrower weapon on his arm. The Jawas ducked and began screaming with fear.

"Whoa!" I held my hand out in front of Mando, causing him to deactivate his flamethrower. "Easy with that."

Mando turned around to quickly check on the child. But to his frustration, he saw some of the Jawas beginning to surround it. He growled, "Get away from it!"

"He's a Mandalorian.. I'm afraid he can't give you his beskar armor." I spoke with the Jawas in place of both Kuiil and Mando. "There must be something else he can trade."

The Jawas thought for a moment before the lead one replied, "We will require The Egg.. The Egg! Bring us The Egg!"

I sighed, turning to look at Kuiil and Mando with a troubled expression. Kuiil was rubbing his temple, frustrated with the child-like Jawas.

"'The Egg'?" Mando asked me, clearly confused. "What egg?"

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"The Egg, The Egg, The Egg, The Egg!"  The Jawas continued to chant as we rode their Sandcrawler all the way to where 'The Egg' was hiding.

Mando was squished at the very top of the Sandcrawler's ceiling due to his height; he was tall. Jawas gathered around him and whispered 'The Egg' to him several times. He took a slight glance at me as I tried to stifle my laugh.

After a few long moments later, we finally stopped and got off of the crowded space inside the Sandcrawler. The front entrance opened, revealing the area before us. I looked at Kuiil as Mando began walking down the slope.

"Kuiil, I'm going with him."

"It is dangerous, Adalyn--"

"I know," I sighed, turning my gaze onto Mando and the child. "But I have this.. feeling that I have to go with them. Call it a hunch."

He hesitated for a moment, then placed my hand in between both of his. "Be careful."

I gave Kuiil a warm smile before leaving him to follow after Mando and the child. I caught up with them, causing Mando to turn and look at me.

"You're coming with us?"

"Of course," I shrugged, a small smirk forming on my lips. "I'm not gonna let a Mandalorian go all by himself with a child.. unsupervised."

🔹️🔹️🔹️

Finally, we had arrived in front of a large den covered in mud. I looked behind at the child to make sure he was at a safe distance away from the den. I turned back around and saw that Mando had already started walking into the den with a flashlight.

"Mando!" I shouted sofly. He didn't come out of the den yet and it made me anxious. I had a very bad feeling about this. "Where in the--"

Just then, I heard a blaster go off inside the cave. Not a moment later, Mando's figure was thrown outside as a mudhorn walked out of the den, roaring loudly. I ran over to Mando, noticing that his chest-plate was damaged pretty badly. He sat up, quickly grabbing his rifle.

"What's going--"

"Look out!" He shouted as he pushed me to the ground, protecting me with his body. Just then, he got smashed into a large hill by the mudhorn.

I sat up, looking for the child but the mudhorn had already spotted him first. As fast as I could, I grabbed my blaster, pointing it at the mudhorn. I turned towards Mando, whom had the crib's controller.

"Mando, the kid!"

As if on cue, he had swiped the crib to another direction, keeping the child away from the creature. This had made the creature run into the hill with a lot of force. The mudhorn grew angrier and began running after me.

I narrowed my eyes, shooting the creature as it tried to resist the blasts. I jumped over the creature, blocking its attack. But the next time, I wasn't so lucky when trying to dodge it.

Its horn smashed me down to the ground, causing my whole body to hurt. Mando rushed over, aiming his flamethrower at the large creature.

It screamed in pain as Mando continued to fire at its body. It rammed into him once more, making him fall back onto the floor weakly.

This time.. Mando didn't get back up -- he was completely still.