~ Part 15 ~ BOW DOWN TO ME, PEASANTS ~

I Don't Wanna Live Forever - Taylor Swift & ZAYN

-James POV-

The door to the compartment slides open and the prefects all walk in, talking and barely even paying attention to who was Head Boy and Girl. I smile. Lily and I were Head Boy and Head Girl.

Well, technically I was already smiling because... what was it? Oh yes, Lily Evans had kissed me.

Yes, you heard right, LILY EVANS HAD KISSED ME. HOLY SHIT SHE HAD KISSED ME.

Well anyways, I have a very wide smile on my face, so what?

Well, Remus of course notices, because he's Remus and if he doesn't know everything, then he at least notices everything. He narrows his eyes, saying, you will tell me what you did later. Then he looks over at Lily, and noticing her flushed face from when I'd told everyone to shut their faceholes-I know right, I'd made her blush!-I think he got at least the idea that something had happened, but I'm sure he didn't know that she had kissed me!

I see him smirk at Lily, and she rolls her eyes, her face turning even redder.

Mary glances at Lily and gives her a look that means god knows what, and then glances at me with narrowed eyes. I wince and look away quickly; I do not want to be on the receiving end of that woman's wrath. When she loved something or someone, she would defend it with her life, which sometimes scared me.

"Alright, everyone. Congratulations on earning your position as prefect," Lily says. "Shall we begin?"

People stare at her, waiting for her to start. "Well... I'm Lily Evans, I'm your Head Girl for this year."

There is a pause. I realize everyone is waiting for me to speak. "And I, JAMES POTTER, AM YOUR HEAD BOY. NOW BOW DOWN TO ME, PEASANTS!" I yelled, satisfied with my work. Now they knew who was the alpha here.

Lily suppressed a smile, but a giggle came out. I smile at her utter adorableness as she faced the prefects.

"No, no, no you all don't have to bow to him," she said, elbowing me in the ribs.

"Ow!" I say. She just narrows her eyes at me, daring me to say anything more. I hold up my hands in mock surrender.

"Alright, everyone. You will all be expected to to patrol on certain nights of the week, from 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock. Mondays," Lily smirks as she says the next part, "will be Remus and Mary. Tuesday's it's Rachel and Sean. For Wednesday's it's Amos and Patricia. On Thursdays it's Bellatrix and Snape. And on Fridays and Saturdays it will be me and James."

"Oh and, Sunday's we'll switch off," I add.

"Yeah. I suppose me and James can have the first switch, and then it will be Remus and Mary, then Rachel and Sean, and so on."

"Anyone got any questions?" I ask. "No? Well, Evans here told me that you all gotta lead all the people to the dorms after the feast and tell them the password. So, yeah... do that."

"Yes. And... well I think that's about it. Other than one pair of you has to patrol the train, just like... look for anyone misbehaving."

"What do you mean by misbehaving?" Amos asked. Merlin, he's such a suck up.

"Well, just like crazy things that McGonagall wouldn't like. Um... and I would prefer you to stop any... shagging," Lily says, that last part awkwardly.

"HA! Yeah, it'll most likely be Sirius," I say. Lily elbows me again. "Ow! Why must you hurt me like this, Lilykins?" She glares at me.

"Don't. Call. Me. That," she growls, a deathly look in her eyes. My eyes widen in fear. I salute her.

"Yes ma'am!" I say. Remus and Mary chuckle at this, but not too hard because they get it. They know how menacing Lily can be.

~ ~ ~

The rest of the meeting goes pretty well, except a few more of my comments lead to more glaring and elbowing from Lily.

The meeting finishes, and Amos and Patricia are patrolling the train. I tell Lily I'll wait for her-to gather all her papers-outside of the compartment.

Worst part is, I didn't even notice Snivellus had not left it yet.

~ ~ ~
NOTES: X

-Amelia