(6) Jensen's groupies

Topless

Chapter 6

Jensen’s groupies.

Callum’s welcome home party was scheduled for the following Saturday and my insides twisted at the mere thought of it. I have no idea how badly he is really hurt and it has been working on my emotions ever since my mother told me last night and to top it off, I would be forced to spend time with Jensen. I tried to get out of it, telling my mom that I shouldn’t be there since I haven’t seen him in five years, that it’s not my place, it should be a time for his family but she straight out refused.

“We’ve been their friends since before you were born and you will go out of respect for them,” she said. Since when she cared about respect I had no idea but it didn’t look like I was going to be getting out of it.

I spent Sunday at my house next to the pool and to my relieve Jensen didn’t show up. I didn’t’ bother inviting the girls or anybody else. I didn’t feel like having to talk since my mind was working overtime. The idea of Callum being injured was really bothering me and the fact that I didn’t’ know the extent of his injuries was even worse. It was actually kind of a strange feeling and I didn’t like it at all.

Monday morning rolled by and I was feeling tired since I didn’t have a good night’s rest. I felt irritated when I got into my car and was in a mood straight from hell by the time I reached school. If anybody so much as look at me wrong today they are going to be sorry.

Amy, Mags and Jenna was waiting for me at my locker, talking and giggling and I felt like screaming at them but managed to control myself.

“Rachel!” Amy yelled when she saw me and threw her arms around me in a hug. I hugged her back without enthusiasm and then proceeded to dig my books out of my locker. I didn’t even bother taking any of them home on Friday, meaning that none of my homework due today was done. I honestly couldn’t care less, I will just copy it in homeroom.

I saw Jensen down the hall from the corner of my eye and cringed. I really wasn’t in the mood for him but he never seems to give a shit about how I feel or what I want. He was walking with a bunch of his friends and of course his groupies, as I like to call them, were following close by. It is actually quit sickening. The way they throw themselves at him is unfathomable. Yes, he is hot and yes he is rich but he is also the biggest ass you’ll ever meet. I am the only one who seemed to think so though but then again, I’ve never seen him treat anybody the way he treats me. I have no idea what I did to deserve his constant torture but it must be some kind of punishment bestowed upon me from a higher power.

“Why are you so quiet?” Jenna asked from beside me and I felt relief fill my body as Jensen disappeared from sight.

“Why are you so nosy?” I asked in return and watched as she squirmed.

“Sorry… I…. I just… I was worried,” she finally managed to say, her stutter appearing letting me know that she was nervous.

“I told you not to do that, it’s embarrassing,” I said, feeling better instantly, getting my frustrations out, even if it is on my friends, usually does the job.

In homeroom I quickly copied most of my homework from Amy. She’s idolized me since first grade and will literally do anything I ask.