(2) Jokes are supposed to be funny

Topless

Chapter 2: Jokes are supposed to be funny

"So what do you want to do?" Jensen asked casually as he pulled out of his driveway.

"I told you, I want to go home," I replied, still furious at him. Why won’t' he just leave me alone?

"As you wish your majesty," he chuckled and I felt like slapping him. Yes, that is what I wanted to do. Of course I would never try it again after what happened the last time. The memory of how he tickled me until I wet myself will forever be stuck in my head.

The drive to my house only took about two minutes since we only live a few blocks from each other. I should have walked but now it was too late since Jensen was already making his way to my front door.

I felt defeated as I got out of his car, which I am silently very jealous of although I would never admit it to him, and made way towards him.

He had a sly smile on his face that I did not trust at all. He was probably thinking of ways to humiliate me. Oh how I hate him.

As I was walking past him I came up with a brilliant idea, okay, maybe it wasn't brilliant but it was better than nothing.

"What's that?" I asked, pointing behind him and to my surprise he actually fell for it. He looked around and I took my chance, knowing that I had to hurry since there was no way I could outrun him. It only took him a second to realize what was going on but I had a head start and just managed to make it up the stairs and to lock myself in my room as he crashed into the door.

I could hear him swearing profusely from the other side, causing my insides to twist. Maybe I shouldn't have done that because now when he gets his hands on me, which he surely will since I can't stay locked up in my room forever, he is going to be more merciless than ever.

Oh well, at least I am safe for now I thought as I made my way over to my walk in cupboard. I appreciated the shirt Mrs. Carter had borrowed me but I wasn’t staying in it any longer than completely necessary.

I slipped out of the loose fitting top easily and grabbed a faded grey tank top which my mother had specially imported for me. It's the first time that I've put it on and although it wasn't anything special it looked really good. It fitted my body like a glove.

The boots I had on wasn't really working with the shirt though so I quickly changed into a pair of stiletto hills and I have to admit that I looked really good. Yes, I know I am vain but can you really blame me? I was raised by a supermodel mother and I definitely got her genes.

I was still busy admiring myself when the sound of breaking glass snapped me back to reality.

What the hell was that? I wondered as panic instantly overtook my body. It sounded really close, like in my bedroom close. I had no idea what to do. I could hide or I could run but for some reason my body wasn't cooperating. I just stood there, frozen on the spot.

I didn't have my phone with me so I couldn't call for help and I was all alone in the house except for Jensen.

Jensen… of course it was him.

"I am going to kill you!" I yelled as I barged out of my closet to find him casually sitting on my bed, his back resting against my headboard and a huge smile on his face.

"Aww, that's so touching," he smirked, not making any attempt to move.

"What the hell do you think you are doing? You can't just break into my house. You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I continued yelling, my initial fright having turned into full blown anger.

"Calm down Riri, it was just a joke," Jensen said as he sat up, the smirk on his face slowly fading away.

"Don't call me that Carter! And jokes are supposed to be funny, do you think this is funny?" I asked, pointing towards the broken glass that was scattered across the tiles.

"Look, I'm sorry okay. It was just a joke, I didn't mean to upset you so badly," he said as he moved to the edge of my bed. He looked sincere but I'll never trust him. He's a natural born liar.

"Get out, just get out and leave," I stated as I took another step closer to him but I shouldn't have done that. He's arms reached out and grabbed a hold of me before I could even think of getting out of the way.

I was aware of the scream that escaped my mouth but I wasn't in control of it and then I was being pinned down on my bed

"You should know better than trying to lock me out Riri," he said as he hovered above me. He was so close, way to close. I needed to get away.

"Let me go," I said as I struggled against his grip.

"Or what?" he asked.

"Or nothing. This isn't funny, you're scaring me," I said as I started sobbing. I just couldn't help it and there I was humiliated by Jensen Carter once again.

I couldn't remember the last time that I've cried in front of him but it must have snapped something in his head because he let go of me immediately and moved away. Maybe he realized that he's taken it to far this time.

"Shit Riri, I didn't mean to scare you, I was just playing," he said and I didn't have it in me to argue with him.

Maybe he really thought it was all one big joke or maybe he's crazier than a beaver on crack. I had no idea but there was no point in arguing with him.

"Please leave," I said as I sat up and wiped the tears from my face.

"No way, I have to stay and make sure you survive this horrible day," he replied, all sympathy gone from his voice.

"I hate you so much," I stated.

"No you don't," he chuckled.

"Yes, I really do," I replied as I sniffed. This is so embarrassing. Why do I let him get to me like this?

"You keep telling yourself that, now how about we watch a movie or something?" he asked, back to his teasing self.

"Yeah, why don't we?" I replied as I moved so that I was sitting next to him and watched as he grabbed a hold of the remote that was lying on my bedside table and switched on the TV.