Chapter 11: Dark Times

We made it to Greenwich where Malekith was supposedly going to unleash hell and I finally would get to kick some ass after a few good months. Ian and Darcy were going to plant down some machines Erik made while Erik and Jane activated them. While they did that, Thor and I would be attacking the Dark Elves. It seemed easy enough and I was prepared. “Are you sure you wish to fight them off with me, Jackie?” I nod. “Do you remember fighting off the Chitauri with Romanoff?” “Yes,” he replies. “All agents are trained like that. With me, you’ve got nothing to worry about.” An eruption of noise and chaos comes from ahead of where we were and a gigantic tower of a ship cuts right through the cement and causes everyone to flee. “Except that,” I add. As the people have quickly evacuated, Malekith comes from the ship. Thor grabs me from around my waist and takes me flying with him to the front of the ship, near where Malekith stood. “You needn’t of come so far, Asgardian,” Malekith speaks, “Death would’ve come to you soon enough. Especially with using the help of a powerless Midgardian.” We begin to walk closer to them, the tension rising. “Not by your hand,” Thor fires back. “Your universe was never meant to be,” Malekith preaches, “Your world and your family will be extinguished!” A black mist flies from his body before shooting out at Thor. I quickly pass by them and begin to go attack the Elves as Malekith shoots the black mist once more. Within even seconds of beginning my attacks, Thor sends Malekith flying off elsewhere with his hammer and knocking down Elves in the process. He goes off to get Malekith, finally leaving me to get the Elves.

The first one fires at me, missing me greatly. I kick his face, knocking him into another one. Plenty of hits and misses went around and some Elves walked away, into the radius of Erik’s machinery. The machine beeped once and about five Elves went missing before another one sent more elsewhere. Taking another creature out, I obtained one of their foreign weapons that shot like crazy as soon as I held it. It killed a few of them and even the ones that were chasing Jane and Erik. I walked over to them, switching the machine thing and making Ian and Darcy appear and they were kissing. “Darcy?” Jane questions. “Jane!” Darcy says loudly before dropping Ian. “Ian?” “Selvig.” “Jackie,” I say out loud. “Mew mew!” Darcy calls out as Mjolnir flies above us. A dark fog comes from the main courtyard and Jane, Selvig, and I look up at the sky, knowing what was happening. “We’re out of time,” Jane comments before walking away. “Jane,” I say sternly. “Jane!” Erik yells. I go after her, making sure she isn’t harmed. Erik follows and we meet up with Thor near the monster ahead. “Thor!” Jane calls, “We’re too late.” “The Convergence is at its peak,” Selvig continues. “Can those things stop him?” Thor questions. “Not from here,” Selvig answers. “We can’t get close enough,” Jane adds on. Thor looks at me. “We can,” he insures. I look at him wide-eyed, wondering if he was sane. He grabs the machines and hands one to me and we run into the black storm in front of us.

The storm is strong. Much stronger than I thought I could handle at all. We can barely see a thing being surrounded by a deep, red wind and completely enveloped in the tornado. Eventually, we power through it and make it to Malekith, who is totally gone into his full power. “Malekith!” Thor barks. The Elf turns to us. “Darkness returns to us, Asgardian and Midgardian. Have you come to witness the end of your universe?” “I’ve come to accept your surrender,” Thor countered. He motions to me to throw the machine, which I do. Malekith easily catches it in one hand as Jane makes it go off. His hand is no longer there until the mist makes it come back. Thor throws one and it takes out Malekith’s arm. “You think you can stop this?” He yells, “The Aether cannot be destroyed.” “But you can,” I state. Thor summons Mjolnir as I run up to Malekith with the final machine. Going with all my strength I leap toward him and throw it right into him and pushing him back into his ship and running away as Thor hammers it in. I speed my way to Jane as she pulls the knob, making Malekith go away for good. I lean against the wall and slide down, breathing the heaviest I think I ever did. Sweat and blood was covering my body along with a few spots of dirt. The ship began to collapse and fall over Thor, causing Jane to go barreling to him. I stand quickly and start to run over, but the ship stops and leaves completely to another realm.

“Everybody okay?” Erik enquires. Jane falls onto Thor as his eyes flutter open. Darcy and Ian started making out and I simply hugged Erik. “It’s been great working with you, Erik,” I say out of breath, “But I have a plane to catch.” He smiles and lightly pats my back. “Great working with you, Agent Tagan. Fury will be hearing good things.” I nod before walking away, waving goodbye to Thor.