Chapter 5: Chaos

The flight wouldn't be long, but damn, it felt like years sitting in that ship with Loki. I sat across from him, looking away from him since I knew he was looking at me. I didn't want anything to do with him at this point and wishes I never even thought of going to the containment unit in the first place. It was my fault for wanting some action, but it totally bit me in the ass. Finally, I sigh and look over at his stupid, grinning face. "What the hell do you expect me to do for you?" "I expect," He explains, "for you to protect me." I raise an eyebrow, confused by his order. "Aren't you a god with some sort of magic to protect you? You're even taking over my race, which I believe you called 'puny' at one point. How can I protect you?" He rolls his eyes and sits back on his chair, holding his sceptar. "Disregard my past sayings, Jackie. I have entrusted you to protect my life. Which means I also expect for you to risk your own for me." I scoff, looking at him like he was a psychopath. "And if I refuse?" He looks over at me playfully, lifting his sceptar higher and slightly pointing it at me. I glare, crossing my arms. "Fair point," I reply, "But what if I were to go missing?" He smirks before standing and walking in front of me, bending down to my level and grabbing something from his pocket. He moves his arms around me and places something around my neck before he moves his arms away. I pick it up with my fingers and see that it's a necklace. "A necklace?" I ask, "I don't think now is a time for gifts." He rolls his eyes once more, looking into my eyes. "It will help me watch you no matter where you are or where I am. And if you do attempt to escape now, Jaquline," He smirks, looking at me devilishly, "There will be consequences." He pats my knee before standing up and returning to his seat.

I look over at him like he was crazy, not sure if he meant that in a certain way. I fold my arms as I start to feel more uncomfortable, slightly wiggling in my seat. Luckily, the ship lands and Loki stands, reaching for my hand as the large door opens to the outside. I gingerly take him hand as he leads me out to the front balconey of Stark Tower. I hadn't been to Stark tower before, nor had I seen it much since I got moved to the New York base but from where we were, everything below us looked miniscule. The ship flies off behind us, quickly getting out of sight. Loki still holds onto my hand, looking up into the sky. I try to pry my hand away from his, but his grip is too strong for me to get out of. I sigh and let it pass, slightly weirded out by this. I don't know if it was some sort of Asgardian voodoo claim shit he put on me, but it was strange, and I've dealt with strange things before. Nothing, however, compared to this. Not too much longer, Iron Man is now flying above us, talking to somebody on the roof. Loki and I simpy watch, him waiting for his attention. Soon, he finally does notice us and lands onto the landing pad, his suit starting to come off as we all walked inside. Finally, Loki let's my hand go as I begin to walk behind him on our way inside.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity," Loki begins. "Actually, I'm planning to threaten you." "You should've left your armor on for that." Loki suggests. "Yeah," Stark replies, "It's got a bit of milage and you've got the glowstick of destiny." Stark walks behind the bar, acting nonchalant about the situation. "Would you like a drink?" "Stalling me won't change anything." "No no," Tony continues, "Threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm having one."

"The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that. What have I to fear?" Tony opens the bottle and pours himself a drink. "The Avengers." Loki gives him a confused glance. "It's what we call ourselves. Sorta like a team. Earth's mightest heroes type thing." "Yes," Loki says, "I've met them." Tony gives him a fake smile before going on. "Yeah, takes awhile to get any traction on that one," Tony speaks, "But, let's do a head count here. Your brother, the demi god. A super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend. A man with breathtaking anger management issues. 2 master assassians and you, big fella, have managed to piss off every single one of them." Loki simply smirks at this. "That was the plan." "Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you." "I have an army," Loki states. "We have a hulk," Tony fires back. "Oh, I thought the beast had wandered off." Tony walks closer to Loki, drink in hand. "You're missing the point here. There is no throne, there is no version of this where you come out on top," Tony explains, "Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us, but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it." An with that, he sips his scotch. Loki glares at him while he walks closer, holding this septar tightly. "How will your friends have time for me when they're so busy fighting you?" Loki lifts his sceptar and hits it lightly on his chest, where it only taps it and nothing happens. Loki gives a confused look before he tried again. "This usually works." "Oh well, performance issues, not uncommon." I hold in my laughter while Loki puts him into a chokehold and throws Tony by the window. He mutters something until he's thrown out again. Before Loki can turn around, Tony's suit flies out from the wall and hits Loki as it flies out the window to Tony. Soon, Iron Man floats to the opening, where Loki stands. "And there's one other person you pissed off. His name is Phil." Stark shoots Loki down past me before flying away to fight the now arriving army. 

Loki stands looking over at me and motioning me to follow. He walks ahead of me out to the landing pad where the view of the destruction of the city is high enough to see it all. He glows as the rest of his armour forms and he has this giant helmet on his head. He looks over the city as I stand next to him, looking at him like he was an idiot. "What?" He inquires. "What the fuck is that thing on your head?" "My helm? What's wrong with my helm?" I bite my lip, looking up at it. "It's certainly... different." "Loki!" We look down on the balconey and see Thor, angrily glaring at Loki. "Turn off the Tessaract before I destroy it." "You can't," Loki says, "There is no stopping it. There is only the war." "So be it." Thor claims. Before I can say anything, Loki charges down to Thor and they begin to fight. I jump down from the pad and onto the balconey, leaning on the wall as I watched them fight. Eventually, a SHEILD ship pulled up and Loki shot at it quickly, causing it to fall. The boys continued to fight as more destruction took hold of New York. "Look at this!" Thor called out, "Look around you! You think this madness will end with your rule?" "It's too late," Loki tells him, "It's too late to stop it." "No," Thor says, "We can. Together." Loki simply looks as him before stabbing Thor in the stomach. "Sentiment." Thor attacks him again, picking him up and throwing him on the ground. I walk up to him to intervine while Loki was still on the ground, but he grabs my foot and rolls off the balconey, taking me with for the fall onto an oncoming Chitauri hovercraft.

We land on our feet as he takes hold onto the bars and I hold onto his instinctively. We fly through the city, many other Chitauri ships following his lead. He fires at random cars and civilians as we fly down the streets and I catch a glimpse of Cap, Romanoff and Barton standing by some police vehicles. "Enjoying the view?" He calls out to me. I don't speak and keep holding onto him. We speed around the city for some time, Loki causing more destruction to the city. "Send the rest," He orders. More creatures emerge from the hole in the sky above Stark tower and immeaditely begin their path of destruction. Loki makes a sharp turn, nearing the tower. He comes behind Romanoff and begins to shoot at her. He does this as we continue down the road until an arrow comes flying at us. Loki simply grabs the arrow, preventing it from shooting him. "Are you ready, Jackie?" "Wha-" Before I can ask, he presses he button on the arrow, causing us to fly from the craft to the Stark tower balconey. He lands in the middle and I hit the stairs leading to the inside. I sit up as Loki does and when he does, the Hulk comes jumping in and knocks him inside the building. While they fought in there, I stayed outside, just to calm my nerves from all the adrenaline. Deep breaths, in and out. The Hulk jumps out the building and back into the chaos as I do this.

I shakily stand and make my way inside, just to see Loki smashed into the floor. I bent down next to him and he looked at my smirking face. "I told you your plan was stupid." He glared at me, causing me to laugh. "I don't hear you denying that I said it and that it was true." He continued to glare as I laughed. "Just help me up." "Sure thing, princess." I grab his hand, lightly pulling him up as he cringed in pain. As soon as I got him up, I sat him on the stairs, where I sat next to him. "So, what exactly is your plan now?" I question, now curious. "I am too weak to fight, I have to leave it up to my army." "And if they fail...?" He grows quiet at this, looking away from me. "Then, I have failed." I nod, looking away as well. "You don't have to be so hard on yourself, ya know," I open up, "I used to be that way. Got me nowhere. Almost took my life over it too. But then I had Fury come recruit me, he gave me words of encouragement and listened to me when no one would. I guess he would have to blame himself for letting me come out of my shell and start rebeling a bit. I only think he puts up with me because he cares. He may say he doesn't but I know deep down he really does. But my point is that being hard on yourself will get you nowhere. I know you have people who care, it definitely seems like Thor cares. But if you really want someone to care, you can't push them out. You have to let them in and let them accept you. That's what I did and it worked." He nodded, listening to what I said. "Have you learned to accept me?"

I look at him, seeing that he was waiting for an answer. I open my mouth to speak but he looks away as we are covered by a large shadow. I look over and everyone is glaring at Loki and I and Clint has his arrow pointed right at Loki. I knew this meant that the Chitauri was defeated and that he had lost, which now meant Fury was going to have me fired and eventually, like all bad agents, go missing. I sigh, knowing this was the end for me. "If it's all the same to you," Loki adresses, "I'll have that drink now."