Chapter 2

Chris

"I'm so sorry Sarah, i never should of left you, you begged me not too, i didn't know how far he'd gone. I will never leave you again, you hear me never, all i need you to do is relax for a few days. You hear what i just said? you get your own little vacation my dear little sister." Can she really hear me? i really hope so. "Remember when mum took us to Disney world? You were only ten so mum had to go on the rides with you. You complained saying you were old enough to go on your own but secretly you were happy you had someone secure right next to you? You're all grown up now but if you would have me, i'd like to be your security, mum would of wanted it that way. So i need you to get better for me, I need you more then mum. I need you Sarah." I sat there for hours holding my sisters hand, fighting off the of urge to sleep, but as always being unsuccessful.

"Mr Cross?"

I woke to find the doctor nudging me slightly, awakening me to this Hell we call our world. I immediately go to grab for Sarah's hand, insuring that she is fine, well as fine as she can be.

"It's actually Mr Urban but you can call me Chris , I am Sarah's older brother., how is she?"

"Mr Urban your sisters CT scan came back, her swelling has decreased according to plan. The doctor's are quite happy with her progress and have given an estimate of 3 days, after that we will cease the drugs and Sarah will regain consciousness, if her vital signs are good then we will keep her in for a few days to monitor her vitals and then she will be able to go home,"

"Will she have memory loss?" I want to know if this was on purpose, I will kill him for hurting her, ill kill them all."

"That's hard to tell sir, it depends on how much the swelling has been pushed onto her cerebrum, we will know more when she becomes conscious. If i may sir, your sisters a strong fighter, i've seen many of these cases, this severity of her brain swelling, many have not pulled through from this, but Sarah is strong, Her recovery is remarkable."

"Thank you nurse" Pull through Sarah, you have to get better. I can't lose you too. I won't lose you too.

"How is she?" I turn to the door where the bastard stood "Recovering, no thanks to you."

"Look son, you don't think I feel guilty enough, I'm suppose to protect her, forever and always, shes my baby girl. When i first realised she was missing my heart froze, all i wanted is my baby back and when they found her, i felt relieved. So please don't, i have enough guilt."

Enough guilt? He did this to her, of course he has to feel remorse.

"Greg, you are not my dad, you never were, stop trying to act like it, and on that note stop acting like your a victim, you did this to her. I will never forgive you for this, but i'll keep up the charade. Not for your sake but for hers. For the sooner she gets better, the sooner we both rid ourselves of you." with that he turrned and left.

Three days ago felt like a year. The beauty of my sister drowned out by the tubes surrounding her. I look at the clock located above the hospital bed. Nine o'clock. The doctors are late, it's time for her to wake up, i need her to wake up.

"Mr Urban, sorry we are late, xray's just got in. Your sisters swelling has decreased to the point where we believe that she has less of a risk to be woken up now. What will happen is we will stop giving her the propofol, the drug thats causing the coma, and within 12 hours she should regain full conciousness."

"So i just wait here for 12 hours?"

"You may leave if you would like but by the looks of things the only time you have left this hospital sir, was to have a shower. Feel free to sit with her.

I need you to wake up Sarah, please. Sleep claimed me again

"He knows that i know, Chris, he know's everything."

"Sarah, how could he, you didn't tell him did you?"

"Not exactly, he promised he wouldn't intrude in my privacy anymore, he promised."

"He invaded your mind?"

"Im sorry Chris, i tried to repell him, i tried so hard but i just couldn't."

"It's alright Sarah, it's not your fault. He's worse then i thought. Your not safe Sarah, I think you should come stay with me. Please, we can leave this place, we can leave him."

"No, i can't Chris, i have to save him, he's corruption is not as deep as it seems, i can help him."

"Why are you still protecting him? After what he did to mum." Oh shit, she flinched

"He did'nt mean to hurt her, it was Britney, it's al her fault.

"SARAH!" It all happend so quickly, she was taken before i could stop them, i couldn't stop them..

"Sarah"

"Chris?" Her voice was what woke me from a memory that i would classify as a nightmare