Magic Meets Vampire

Magic Meets Vampire

A scream of terror rang through the dark alley, startling Valerie who was on her way to Diagon Alley. It wasn't such a surprise that with her unfortunate hero complex she ran towards the direction of the scream to help.

"Disgusting! Filthy Vampire! How dare you come back, I told you to leave you half-breed." A balding man sneered. "You freak of nature."

On the floor in front of him was a young girl about 17 who listened quietly without fighting back, she just watched him yell at her with a desolate and abandoned look.

Then the man threw a bag at her and decisively turned around, shutting the door in front of the girl's face.

The girl stood at the door for a while before walking away and Valerie followed.

Hearing her follow, the 17 year old turned to look at, "Why are you following me." A soft raspy, due to crying and screaming earlier, asked her.

"Follow me." Valerie gestured to the girl who followed her without care or worry about the danger of following random people.

The 17 year old hugged her bag as tears silently slid down her face, she couldn't believe that after being viciously attacked by a vampire she survived.

She ran home in terror when she woke up but what greeted her was fear and disgust when her parents realized what she had turned into.

Just a few days ago she was her parents' pride and joy... but now she was just a regret and a stain in their lives. A good daughter that turned into a monster.

A warm hand caressed her back in comfort as she quietly cried. She opened the bag her father threw her, there was a photo album, an expandable chest with her clothes and personal items, a key to a vault, and finally a note addressed to her by her parents.

Hands trembling, and eyes full of tears she read the letter quietly. She put down the letter carefully into her bag and sobbed, why did things have to be this way.

They were afraid? She was scared too!

Remembering that there was someone comforting hert, she looked up and came face-to-face to a beautiful woman who looked quite similar to the woman-who-lived but that was about 40 years ago before she vanished out of public eyes.

Valerie watched as the teenage girl brushed the tears out of her eyes.

"H-hi", she stuttered before shyly looking down, tugging on her Ravenclaw jumper.

Valerie sat beside her and started talking to her trying to make the girl comfortable. It took an hour about talking nonsense and cracking up puns and jokes before the girl calmed down.

She took the girl home and nurtured her until she fully had her vampire skills under her control, thirst was her only issue.

Not everyone had their thirst under control right after changing.

It was rather rare actually.

For the first few days she isolated Lillian to ensure she didn't attack anyone on accident.

Valerie put her on an animal diet at first but since that didn't work she went to St. Mungos and bought a few blood bags.

Since the wizards didn't want to be attacked by hungry vampires they set up a system where registered vampires could buy blood at a relatively fair price.

And since they had blood replenishing potions it wasn't really an issue.

Most purebloods where anemic due to inbreeding so most blood donations were from generous half-bloods and muggleborns for people that needed more blood than a blood replenishing potion could give them.

Valerie didn't mind that her youngest daughter couldn't stick to the animal diet, because not everyone had the willpower like the Denali's or the Olympic Coven.

Heck even she indulged in human blood once in a while as a treat.

The Olympic Coven already knew of her habits, so they didn't bat an eyelash when she drank from a wine glass full of human blood while reading a book.

Though she tried to not do it so often since it made them thirstier.

Lillian was a naturally shy teenager, she only stood at 5'4". And when Valerie introduced her to Draco and his family, Lillian hid behind her new adoptive mother especially at social gatherings that Valerie was forced to go to by Draco who told her she needed to get out more.

Dragging her daughter out with her who acted like the perfect pureblood princess, but when they were alone Valerie knew her daughter was a sweet thoughtful girl.

***

"Quick! Run faster! He's catching up to us!", Lillian screamed at her mother who was laughing her head off.

They had just put hair dye in Draco's shampoo, Draco who sporting a bright blue hair color ran after the two black haired girls.

Those two combined in boredom was borderline deadly for Draco's health since he was their favorite target.

Astoria just watched from the sideline, laughing holding her grandson Marius who giggled clapping happily watching his grandfather throwing fireballs at the two vampires.

The two spent the rest of the week, pranking each other, skateboarding disguised as old ladies impressing and giving the muggles heart attacks.

They laughed evilly dancing into the night making people who heard them shiver in their sleep.

Valerie took pride in her daughter, watching as she dropped water balloons on unsuspecting witches and wizards from the rooftops. She wiped a tear from her eye, man she was so proud.