Present Day

Present Day

/Start of Twilight March 2005/

***

Valerie was knitting a blanket for her little granddaughter when she felt someone enter her wards.

Since the day Jasper and Rosalie were adopted under her name, she decided to make a fake persona of 'Valerie Hale' a widowed, single mother of a pair of fraternal twins. Oh, and Esme's younger sister.

Setting her knitting needles down, she stood up when a familiar bronze haired teen came into her view. "Edward", she smiled opening her arms for a hug.

The Cullen teenagers and her children often visited her when they felt troubled or bored, because according to them it was never boring around her.

"Aunt Valerie", he greeted a reply, hugging her before sighing and sitting on the couch in front of her while Valerie sat back down in her seat and continued to knit quietly waiting for Edward to tell her what was wrong.

At times like these, Edward wished he could read her mind so he wouldn't be so nervous.

Finally after thirty minutes, Edward opened his mouth.

"I met my blood singer."

Valerie continued to knit waiting for him to continue.

"I almost attacked her, and almost killed an entire class. I-I'm ashamed," he continued in shame.

Valerie paused her knitting, "Well did you? Did you kill her and them?", she questioned him.

"No, but-" he got cut off by Valerie who finally finished knitting.

"But nothing Eddie-dear, you didn't kill them. It's okay." she tried to comfort him.

"That's no excuse! I almost lost control! It was because of Jasper and Emmett who managed to restrain me! I'm a monster...". He told his aunt in anguish hiding his face not wanting to see her disappointed face.

It was silent for a moment, before Edward heard clinking sound indicating his aunt had set down her knitting needles.

"Okay Edward..." Edward looked up in silent shock when she had said his full name.

"If you're a monster, then so am I. No actually, I'm a bigger monster, a freak of nature." she quietly told him with sad eyes.

Edward felt his dead heart ache. "No! That's not what I meant. I'm the monster, not you! You're an angel!". He pleaded with her. 

"Then get it through your head that you are not a monster, please Eddie-dear. Not just for me but for you too", she told him earnestly.

Edward sighed softly to himself, "I'll try".

She beamed back at him while Edward returned a smile back at her.

"Now Eddie-dear tell me what's been going on in the Cullen Home lately?" Valerie asked him, serving him blood tea and biscuits.

Edward inhaled the scent of the tea before taking a bite out of the cookie, he was in heaven.

Who knew magical vampires invented food vampires could eat!

Having spent the majority of his thinking time at the Denali's, Edward only stayed with his Aunt Valerie for a day before he headed back home the following Monday morning.

Relaxed and happy.

***

Valerie was babysitting her godson Scorpius' daughter Pandora while her godson and his wife got some alone time.

She was so cute with her head full of the distinct Malfoy blonde hair but she got her mother's beautiful forest green eyes.

She was feeding the adorable two year old when she felt someone enter her wards again.

It's only been a little over a week since Edward's surprise visit. "Mom?"

Valerie perked up and turned around facing her beautiful daughter. "Rosie baby, how have you been", she said pulling the blonde into an embrace before continuing to feed Pandora who was by now playing with her food.

"And who is this beauty", Rosalie stared at the toddler in wonder and sadness.

"This little beauty is my godson's daughter, Pandora. Isn't she so cute!" Valerie gushed with her daughter.

"Scorpius' daughter? When did he have a child? It's been a while since I've seen him since he went to Hogwarts." Rosalie reflected over not seeing her cute cousin.

"Hold her for me?" Valerie asked Rosalie. Before Rosalie got to answer, Pandora was already in the blonde's arms

Rosalie looked down at the pigtailed blonde toddler in adoration.

Hearing a flash go on, Rosalie looked up at her mother who smiled and handed her one of the photos before taking the toddler to the nursery for a nap.

When Valerie came back down stairs Rosalie complained to her mom about dumb stupid human Bella Swan who found out their Secret and stupid Edward told her about their family.

She complained that having Bella in the known was a danger to her family. Valerie quietly listened to her and couldn't help but to agree.

"If everything goes down hill I can wipe out her memories, so don't fret too much Rosie dear. Now tea?", she offered with a calm smile.

When Rosie left, Valerie laid in her bed in thought. Something big was coming, she didn't know what but she had a feeling it has to do with her Vampire family.

Now all she had to do was make a decision.

tick tock... tick tock... tick tock...