Angor Management Part III

After Mom awoke, Strickler gave Mom some water while Jim and I explained to her about our double life. When we had finished, Strickler asked, "More water, Barbara?" Mom grabbed the picture and drank the whole thing.

        When she had finished, she said, "So, let me get this straight, There are good trolls and bad trolls, and somehow, you two?" Mom was interrupted by Strickler who said, "If I may. There is a vast world beneath our feet, Barbara, and your children, specifically your son, has stirred up a heap of trouble."

        "Dude!" Jim exclaimed.

        "Excuse me!" I proclaimed about ready to fight Strickler on this matter.

        "This is all so..." Mom said. Strickler left the room stating that he would give the three of us a moment. Mom continued, "I can't believe that this what you've been doing. All those late nights, getting arrested, you in the hospital... And, you, Mo, how could you of all people not tell me about this? Also, why are you two this... Trollfighter and Wielder?"

        "Uh, Trollhunter and Wielder of the Thriskule. And, Mom, don't blame, Mo. I made her not tell you." Jim said and I gave Jim a half-hearted smile in appreciation. It has been very rough these past few months and I have not enjoyed the arguments that the three of us got into when Jim and I arrived back late at night. Mom kept stammering until she got out, "You should be worried about high school and girls. And you, Monica, you should be worried about your job! Not these... Can't you just ask someone else to do it?"

        "I'm... I'm afraid it's a... permanent position." Jim said. Then, Jim continued, "They need us, Mom. I know it's hard to believe, but I'm, sorta like, their protector, and Monica has strange ability with the Thriskule that can help turn the tides of war."

        "Apparently, I have the ability to literally turn the tides of war." I added. Jim looked at me in shock and I stated, "Hey. I just found out about this yesterday. Didn't exactly have time to tell you with everything going on."

        "But, who's going to protect you two?" Mom questioned.

        "Our friends. We are not without allies, Mom. Take Draal here." I said pointing towards our knocked out friend. I continued, "He's been living in the basement almost the entire time that Jim has been a Trollhunter. Protecting us. He's the son of the previous Trollhunter, Kanjigar."

        "Wait. He's been here these past few months? Has he figured out about your 'secretly wild' karaoke nights that you do when Jim and I aren't home?" Barbara questioned. My eyes widened in horror and I exclaimed, "You know about that?"

        "What is she talking about?" Jim questioned. Before Mom could answer, I covered her mouth and answered, "Nothing. Nothing. And, yes, because I temporarily forgot that he was living in the basement." Mom chuckled and thankfully let the subject drop.

        "Barbara, you do have to leave. It's-" Strickler was interrupted when the bells started ringing. The basement. Angor Rot knew about the tunnels. Then, the bells exploded as the trap was set loose.

        "The basement!" Jim exclaimed.

        "What's in the basement?" Mom questioned.

        "Draal was supposed to guard it." Strickler said.

        "Well, we weren't expecting Mom either." I said trying to defend Draal. The door opened and we stared in horror and wonder as a black ball rolled towards us. We heard some chanting and the lights went out. Great. Just great. This is just like a horror movie. I only hope that none of us gets killed.