Blinky's Day Out Part II

While Blinky and Jim went to Vendel,  Draal and I went back home through a passageway that Draal apparently built a while. Jim is also unaware that we have a tunnel in the basement, but when he figures it out, it is going to be hilarious. Draal tried to help me plan out assignments, but it did not go over very well. Once I got done planning out the weeks lessons and assignments, Blinky and Jim came through the door. Just in time.

        Blinky went to the fridge and began grabbing some of our food. This is something that I will have to get used to.

        "There's so much I want to do. So much I haven't seen. I've never cared much for human food, but the flavor, the texture." He said while chowing down on some cereal. If only I had two more hands to eat faster. What do you call this cuisine?"

        "Leftovers." I answered simply. Blinky continued to scour through our kitchen while Not Enrique said, "I can't even look at you. Your whole body is like an old sauce's left on the grill."

        "Very amusing. Who invited him?" Blinky asked.

        "It's boring sitting around the crib all day. When I heard you changed, I didn't know it wasn't into a fat, balding, hot fudge sundae." Not Enrique laughed. While Not Enrique was taunting Blinky, I noticed that Jim and Draal were talking, but I couldn't hear what they were saying because I was trying to make sure that Blinky didn't hurt himself.

        "It's filled with glop, yet the exterior is so soft and squishy. How do they keep it all in?" Then, we all heard his stomach rumble. "I think my stomach is trying to communicate with me." Not Enrique held a cup to his stomach and commented, "That ain't your stomach pal after eating a buffet like that fleshy inner tube of a body is about to spring a leak." Blinky's stomach started grumbling some more and Blinky said, "Oh dear." Then, he sprang for the bathroom. He ran into the wall though.

        "This is absurd. How can you function with only two eyes?" He complained then went upstairs.

        "You didn't happen to overhear who Strickler brought back with him, did you? Some troll with big horns and a weird staff, maybe?" Jim wondered. I've been curious about who that creepy troll was in the park as well.

        "Sorry, I do not know." Draal answered.

        "Yeah, well, neither do we." Jim said. Suddenly, I heard a very familiar sound coming from outside. Shoot!

        "Ah! Mom's home! Everyone hide!" I yelled. Everyone scrambled to hide. Not Enrique wasn't sure where to hide, so Jim threw him in the freezer. We heard the toilet flush upstairs. Great Blinky is upstairs. Jim to shove Not Enrique into the freezer and we heard Blinky coming downstairs. We heard Mom gasp and say, "I don't care what your doing, but if you're not out of my house in five seconds, I have an orange belt in Krav Maga, and I will not hesitate to use it." Oh dear. She isn't lying. I remember having to babysit Jim while she was at her Krav Maga lessons.

        "I can explain if you'll just allow me to-" Then, we heard yelling. We finally got Not Enrique into the freezer and we ran over to Mom, who had knocked Blinky to the ground.

        "Mom! Wait, wait, he's with us!" Jim and I yelled.

        "Jim? Monica? Oh! Wait, wait. What? I'm sorry who are you?" Mom asked while helping Blinky up. We stuttered for a moment, then Jim said, "He's Mr. Blinky." Then, Mom dropped him which sent us to the floor. Thanks, Mom. We really appreciate it.

        "Okay. What has Jim done now?" Mom questioned. We should've thought through this beforehand.

        "No, no, no. Jim isn't in any sort of trouble. I'm here to... assist." Blinky stated.

        "Yeah. He's... Jim's guidance counselor from the school." I explained.

        "Since when do guidance counselors make house calls?" Mom wondered.

        "I'm new." Blinky explained. Then, Jim put in, "Principal Strickler just brought him in." Blinky began to talk to our mother explaining how I had asked him to help Jim out because I knew something was going on with him. Then, he proceeded to explain about having our dad walk out on our lives was traumatic. Jim and I tried to signal him to stop, but he kept on going. Then, Mom turned around to us, "If you needed to talk to someone..."

        "Well, you're kind of always busy." Jim explained.

        "That's what this is about? The trouble you've been getting into and the late nights and the strange behavior?" Mom wondered.

        "The letter. I wasn't sure how to tell you and I had to tell someone. I spoke to Monica about it and she has helped me through a lot, but she didn't have all the answers that I needed, so she's been going with me to see Mr. Blinky. Mr. Blinky has helped me through a lot of stuff." Jim explained.

        "Mr. Blinky?" Mom questioned. Then, Blinky explained, "Bulgarian. It's pronounced Blink-heh." Mom hugged both of us and thanked Blinky and apologized for punching him earlier. Blinky told her the pain is tolerable and Mom went to the kitchen to write down her number.

        "You know I don't care about my father." Jim whispered angrily.

        "You do now." Blinky stated. Mom walked back into the room and said, "If this helps Jim work out, you know, what he's- I mean, well, what we're going through, I just want to be supportive. Just let me know if there's anything I can do." Blinky was beginning to explain about the issue in his stomach, but Claire and Toby burst through the door. Well this is just great. Such great timing.