Dick Grayson Disappears after Parent's Tragic Accident-Part One

It was an article hidden on page fifteen of the newspaper. What did people care about a circus boy disappearing? Bruce knew of the boy, and was planning on taking him in, but he would have to find him first.

He was led into a room. The blood of his parents still covering his body. There were people surrounding him. They had owl masks on their face, and were dressed in nice clothes.

"We know who killed your parents," He already knew who killed his parents. "We can provide you with revenge," He would like that. "You have to prove yourself first," He could do that. He proved himself to his parents so he could fly with them. He would prove himself to these people. He was put in a white room with a fountain. His throat was parched. There were voices telling him how he was a talon. Their talon. He drank more water. He heard the voices. He didn't know how much time had passed.

An older talon came to retrieve him. He was led to a room and put on a table. Straps were placed on all parts of the body that could move. He would prove himself. The pain was blinding. It was stark white. He could see his family, but that wasn't right. He didn't have a family. He was a Talon.

When the pain receded Talon was unstrapped. The same older Talon from before led him again. They walked through a room with coffins. Some were closed. He was calm and his heartbeat steady. They continued to walk. A door Talon did not see before was opened, and they walked through. Before Talon could get a good look at the room the older talon whirled around and soon Talon had a knife in his chest. The knife was twisted, and he let out a whine of pain. The knife was pulled out, and his vision went black. He awoke on the floor. Before he could sit up his throat was sliced. This time he woke up sticky. Over and over he was killed. He stopped reacting when the older talon killed him.

There were no breaks, and no hesitations. When the older Talon stopped he stood and waited. The knife was handed to him hilt first.

"Prove yourself and put the knife through your heart," He did not hesitate before doing so. He woke up again standing up without a knife.

"You are a weapon of the Court," He nodded. The older Talon punched him. Talon was thrown across the floor, his small body sliding. The older talon approached him. He was shown how to punch. He was shown how to deal devastating blows to his opponents. They did not stop. They never grew weary. Talon did not speak. The older talon only spoke to remind Talon that he was the property of the court. He was The Gray Son. It was a weapon. They did not stop training until Talon could fight. Talon became as good as the older Talon. It was able to take a knife and keep going. Pain did not exist. The only thing that mattered was killing it's opponent.

The older talon ceased the training. Talon stood in wait for instructions. The older Talon walked out of the room. Talon went to follow, but a hand was put up telling it to stay. A man was brought in bound. Several owls stood at the corners of the room. One stood at the center.

"This man is Tony Zucco. The court has sentenced him to die," Talon had a knife in its hand. If that is what the court wants Talon will do as its commanded. The older talon went over what to do in this situation. The owl that spoke cut Tony Zucco loose. Before the man had a chance to get his bearings Talon spoke for the first time since it's training began.

"The Court of Owls has sentenced you to die," He moved forward and stabbed the man in the neck. He stood waiting for instructions. The owls slowly left the room. All except the one who spoke.

"You are The Gray Son. One day you will be The Talon of the Owls," He left. The older Talon came back into the room, and gestured for Talon to follow. Talon did, and was led back into the room with the coffins. There were several open. The older Talon stood by one, and Talon followed to do the same.

"Get in," Talon did. The coffin was closed over his head. It became colder and all he could see was black. He could not move.

Talon succeeded in its first solo mission. It returned to the Labyrinth to await further instruction. The training room had three things in it's center. A machete, a lighter, and a can of gas. Talon stood next to the items in the center of the room. The talon that has been training Talon was brought in. It was brought to its knees in front of Talon and the items Talon stood by. Owls lined the walls. Talon had not seen the Owls in the training room since after it's initial training.

"It is time to take your place as our Gray Son," His back stiffened awaiting the instructions that came with the title. "Kill it," Talon wanted to, but it would not stay dead. It tilted its head to the side in the smallest of movements. The Owlman gestured to the supplies in front of Talon.

"The only way to kill a Talon is cut off the head and burn the body to ashes," Talon nodded in understanding. Reaching down it grabbed the machete. The Owlman stood back giving Talon the room it needed to swing the weapon. In one powerful movement Talon swung separating the head from the body. Talon was the better weapon, and useless weapons need to be eliminated. It reached down to the gas pouring it over the body. The owls started to leave. All except the Owlman.

"After you burn the body return to your coffin," With that the Owlman left. Talon lit a match dropping it on the body making sure it ignited. It returned to its cage without watching the flames.

Talons had missions, training, and coffins. They were to be stored away when not in use or being sharpened. Talon was a good weapon. Targets let their guard down. It was the Talon. The Gray Son. The Talon's predecessor was replaced, and its usefulness was eliminated. It stood in silence being observed by the eyes of the Court. They would provide it's next mission.

"The Court has sentenced Bruce Wayne to die," The voices spoke and their word would be command. No reason to know why. They provided the targets address. Secluded. Easier to infiltrate. The Talon left immediately.

There were far greater security measures than expected. Slipping past all of them it continued into the mansion. The house was quiet. So was Talon. It made it to the master bedroom and slipped into the room unseen. Drawing the knife Talon uncovered the man speaking.

"The Court of-" It stopped. There were only pillows in place of a man. Before Talon could decide on its next move someone was attacking. They were able to pin Talon down, but it dislocated its shoulder to get out. It moved to the other side of the room turning around. Something was shot at Talon. It did not bother to dodge able to take a hit. The thing exploded wrapping cords around Talon's body. It could not move, Talon would be punished for failing.