Settled

Alfred teaches him about all different subjects. Says he is preparing him for school. Dick is not familiar with what school entitles. He thinks back to his time with the Court. He has started to do this often when trying to figure out what something is. He knows it is a place of learning, but he does not remember himself attending. He learns what Alfred teaches quickly studying concepts while the others are sleeping. He is able to understand everything except English. He stays up studying rules, but when he gives Alfred his work there are exceptions to those rules.

He is just pulling out some worksheets when Dr. Leslie appears at the door. Dr. Leslie is a doctor who his master wants him to listen. She talks about not saying anything about what he tells her, but he does not understand why that would matter. He is his master's weapon and weapons do not argue with how they are used. He was being used. His master had assessed him this morning and said he was going to be allowed to put away criminals. It wasn't the same as the Court, but there was a clear directive and a clear goal. It was a much easier mission than being a person. Fewer things to remember. Leslie gestures for him to follow her and he stands.

They arrive in a dimly lit room with a couch and a sitting chair. There are books along the shelves and a table in the center. She sits in the chair and he sits across from her on the couch.

"How are you?" Diana always asked this question. She has been teaching him what to say. How to answer the question based on the details and events of the day. Bad meant something that wasn't supposed to happen did, fine meant everything was normal, good meant something that was out of the ordinary and it went the way or better than it was supposed to. He thinks about the mission he received and decides.

"Good," She smiles. Diana told him smiling was good.

"Why are things good?" This was an assessment. She also assessed him last night.

"I have received a mission," He did not know what she was assessing. Was he not accomplishing his mission of being a person? Did they realize he would be more useful in the field? Were they worried he would not be able to accomplish the mission because of a mental block? He has seen other Talons fail a mission because of a mental block. They receive reconditioning, and if they do not work after. Their usefulness is eliminated.

"What mission is that?" Was she not debriefed?

"I will help Batman put criminals in jail because he believes that killing is wrong."

"I heard that you created a codename," She was debriefed but wanted to make sure he understood the mission. This was an assessment of his understanding of his mission.

"Yes Robin," She will want to know about the uniform next. It is what his master has assigned. He thinks about his Talon uniform. He was able to move and carry everything while hiding his face. The Owls did not want anyone to see his face. If they did, they had to be eliminated. His Master did not want him to use his Talon uniform. He had worn a uniform before he was with the Court. It provided mobility and did not look like his Talon uniform. He could hide his weapons in a belt like Batman did, and use a cape as he did too. People would know he was Batman if he wore a cape and belt.

"Do you have any idea about a uniform?" She asks before he can answer.

"I do. I wore a uniform before I became Talon. I will add a belt and cape to hold weapons," Her smile grows at his words. He assumes his answer was up to expectations.

"What did your uniform look like?" He thought back to all of the people he would perform with. All matching uniforms. All stained in blood.

"It was a leotard that was worn by circus performers. Red, yellow, and green," She breathed out a small laugh.

"I think that is a good uniform," He smiles knowing that means something good.

Alfred creates his uniform using his description and a picture they find of Haley's Circus. It has kevlar and he tries to tell them he doesn't need it, but His Master insists he dodges bullets rather than letting him hit. He does not want anyone to know Robin can not die and does not allow Robin to go out with him the next day if he takes a lethal blow rather than dodging it. He practices and misses fewer and fewer patrols.

That is the end of Part one Part two will be up soon