four

"One, two, three, four, cheer for us or you're a wh-"

"Madi!" Trey exclaimed, cutting the girl who looked bored out of her mind off, "Honestly girl, pffft. Watch yourself."

"I'm bored." The match wasn't far from over and Madi couldn't care less who won as long as it was the Sea Lions. School pride and all. That's when she heard the gong or whatever buzz, meaning she had to cheer, "For the love of God." She plastered a fake smile on her face, running out to face the crowd.

And it was going so well until Christina couldn't stand for her stunt and bumped into the Sea Lion mascot and the whole thing fell apart. Meaning the Jaguars obviously had to come forward and make a show.

"I hate her. I'll tell you now. I'm going to find it very difficult to be pleasant to it for the rest of the school year, I'm afraid. I don't even want to look at it." Madi was fuming to Christina.

"Well, you know, they do suck." Christina agreed, hoping Madi wouldn't explode.

Madi turned to Lina, "What's the plan?"

"We're going on a trip."

***

Gloria was pushing Madi out the limo, "I look stupid

Gloria was pushing Madi out the limo, "I look stupid."

"You look fire." She disagreed, trying to drag the girl forward, "Are you joking me? I put hella work into making you look like this and you hating."

"My stomach is out." She complained, "I hate my stomach, it's pudgy."

Gloria rose an eyebrow, "So? It's sexy. A little extra never hurt nobody. Come dance with me."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"I can't hear youuuuu." Gloria used all the strength to pull her over to the dancing group. Gloria was quick by Victor's side, "Hey baby."

"Chica." He nodded at Madi, "You look smokin'."

"Doesn't she?" Gloria rose an eyebrow at the girl, "See? Now, come on you puta, move."

Madi awkwardly nodded her head to the music, watching as Christina was dancing with a guy, everyone else coming over quick to join. She soon felt hands on her hips and breath dancing across her neck, hearing, "You can't dance."

"Well, you can't organise an entire charity event with two days notice." She quickly sassed back, her eyes landing on the curly haired guy for the third time ever.

"A ponemos chancla."

"What?"

"Let's dance." He laughed, moving her hips with his hands so she was kind of grinding on him, "You look banging."

Madi rose an eyebrow at him, turning around so they were face to face, both ignoring the fact Gloria was throwing sex imitations at them, "I'm guessing that's a good thing."

"You guessed right." His eyes travelled her body, actually making her freeze up a little, "Nah, don't be doing that. I wanna see that flare Gloria's been chatting about."

"Glo seems to be doing a lot of chatting lately." She shrugged, "You never messaged me."

He grinned, "You never did either, Chica." She nearly laughed, "I mean, I was told you a feminist. Thought you liked to be the first to chat, that's all."

"You say you're going message, you message." She spoke her truth, "I'm not used to that."

"I ain't either." He admitted. 

It wasn't a lie. Vanessa had been his first and only girlfriend. Yeah, the boy knew how to flirt and he did it well  but as typical as it was to say, he wasn't like that. He was heartbroken by Vanessa and didn't think it would be so soon he would find someone else he found attractive. But seeing Madi in her snoopy pj's made him rethink that. It wasn't love at first sight. In fact, he had a fight with Gloria over the phone about it and how East LA don't match with Malibu. 

However, he heard about everything Madi does. Her volunteering, her charity, her blatant disregard for materialist things, her god awful co-ordination skills and kinda, almost, definitely not all the way, started to warm to her.

"This time, I won't message." He admitted, "Not unless you do first."

"Me?" She sounded shocked, "Me. Why?"

"Because then I know you're interested." He teased her, "Now, let's teach you how to dance."

***

"I think I actually got better." Madi admitted to the boy as they sat on the beach. 

Gloria and Victor had taken them down there after the party wore off a little. The two were messing around in the water while Madi was digging up sand, making a pile of seashells.

Sebastian made a disagreeing sound, mocking the girl as she pushed his shoulder, "Ouch!" He exclaimed, rubbing his shoulder teasingly, "No, you getting there. Just a little practice. Or a lot."

"Oh, practice, huh?" She rose an eyebrow, "Anyone willing to teach me?"

"I'm sure Evan can teach you a few moves."

Madi cringed, remembering the boys god awful dance moves, "Oh gosh, I wasn't that bad, was I?"

"Worse." She covered her face in embarrassment, "Hey, it wasn't that bad. But I don't understand why you're on the cheer team."

"I'm small." She admitted, "They can throw me and I can do some stunts. I just can't..." She tried to think of the word, "Move. Not rhythmically."

Seb had a certain twinkle in his eye, "You know what helps with rhythm?" She shook her head, "How about we go back to mine and I show you?"

She laughed. A full on, ugly ass laugh, "You're sly." The girl pushed him into the sand before standing up and brushing herself off, "Now, come on. I want to tidied up the beach a bit before we go. I think I saw some trash over there."

Madeline was off, ranting about the importance of beach life and how pollution was ruining the planet and what not, and all Sebastian could do was stare at her, golden rays splattered across her face, thinking how she couldn't be more perfect.