Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Merlins POV

My heart stuttered. How did this man know my name? My real name?

"Who are you? Why am I here? If you want Arthur, there is no way you're ever going to get him!" I said strongly.

He chuckled evilly. "Your loyalty is touching, Emrys, but I don't want Arthur. I want you. If Arthur tries to stop me, then he can join the fun."

"Arthur will never come!" I shouted indignantly

"Good, then we have plenty of time with no interuptions." he replied calmly.

"You never answered my question" I said. "Who are you, and why am I here?"

"I'm a friend of Bella, you know her, and you are here merely here because I was bored, and you seemed availible."

"Availible for what?" I asked nervously.

"For what I call a little fun." He said, and stepped out of the shadows. I gasped. His face was mangled with scars. I backed away.

"Oh, Emrys, you don't really think you can get away from me, do you?" He laughed evilly, and muttered a word. Suddenly, an indescribable pain shot through my body. I tried not to scream, but it was too agonizing. A cry that didn't sound like me came from mouth. He laughed again. "That's just the preview. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to send a message to your king." He walked out of the cell, and slammed the door. "Oh, and Emrys, don't try to escape, it won't work." He smiled, contorting his scars. I shuddered as he walked away, cackling. What was I going to do?

Arthurs POV

I gasped and sat up in my bed quickly. I had the most terrifying dream. There was a man, and Merlin was screaming, and I could tell that he was in pain. Suddenly, Leon barged into my room. I could tell he had been running. "My Lord!" He gasped. "There-messanger-Merlin-come." I shot out of bed, slipped on a shirt and pushed past the panting knight. As I ran down the corridors, I thought about my dream, and prayed it wasn't true.

I burst into the throne room. "What is it?" I said. Gwen handed me a note, and looked at me sympathetically.

Dear King Arthur,

I have your servant boy. He does not want you to come after him, but I'm sure you recieved my "'message'' last night, and you must realize that he needs your help. However, if you do not come by sundown tomorrow, the boy will die. And if you come to save him, but you fail, you will suffer the same fate.

Good Day.

I stared at the paper in horror. I can't let Merlin die, no matter how much I tease him. I turned to face the court. "Leon" I said. "Sire?" he asked questioningly.

"Prepare the horses, we are leaving tonight."

I walked out of the throne room with only one thought. I must save Merlin, before he is killed.