Chapter 1.2 "THIS IS ME"

As soon as the car door closed with a loud noise, that brawny man grabbed my arm and pulled me forward a huge tacky building with broken windows and a creaky front door. Finally, I admitted how miserable my situation was: I was surrounded by the orderlies and was about to stay in the place of nightmares of every child. Honestly, I'd have rather populated the jungle, than ever voluntary arrived at that place! On my way to the front door where a few women were already looking for me, I realised that I didn't have enough time to spend it on pointless discussions with myself. A minute or less and my whole life belonged to them, I was going to be imprisoned for 3 years. I needed to come up with any ideas on how to get away from there before going inside the orphanage. My heart started beating faster, blood accelerated through veins while I was searching for anything to help me. 5 metres left, those women with disgusting fake smiles had spread their arms to hug me.

Not today

I stopped for a minute and closed my eyes. The adults were shocked but didn't dare to protest. "Breath in and breath out" - I said to myself - "Dad said I need to concentrate the power and energy here, in arms and legs, stretch and..."- I bent down, waited for a couple of seconds, suddenly opened my eyes widely and whispered as quietly as I only could hear - "gain freedom for any price" - I lifted my fist and hit an orderly as hard as I could and he fell on the ground with a bloody nose. Another man was astonished by my unexpected action. It took him 5 seconds to recall what he was supposed to do. By that time two old women, grabbing their skirts in palms, had rushed to me awkwardly, their countenances were expressing fierce indignation. The man accompanied them and thereby three poor workers were following my back. "Catch her you, idiot! C'mon, run to her!" - one of those witches yelled to a young orderly, beating him with a cane.

I and my pursuit gang were already crossing a bridge through a simply enchanting river, beaming with reflected sunlight that was blinding me. My lungs were filling with fresh air, I felt a fantastic replenishment of energy every second I was rushing there. I was enjoying the escape so much, even though I knew how dangerous It was. Enjoyment and nothing more I could feel. Those people behind me were swearing and shouting curses to me, but I didn't hear them. I didn't hear anything but my heart beating and my feet touching soft earth in a brisk rhythm. I looked at the left to watch signs of life in a town far away. "What a fascinating landscape" - I thought - "I wish I could spend the rest of my life here watching these views".

I was smiling with happiness when suddenly...Bam!...The colours in my head became fade and dark; I felt an unbearable, terrible headache and I fainted unable to remain running anymore.

I can not recall how many hours I was lying helplessly on the ground crying quietly. I couldn't think or move but I could distinguish three people standing around me and staring at the body. The orderly was bitting lips and his eyes were full of tears, expressing apprehension. The first old woman was so much cold or even confused, while the second one, swinging a cane with a red trace of my blood on it, was laughing through a closed mouth as she had won in a lottery and I was supposed to be her trophy.

Taste of freedom was a mix of blood, fresh air, dust and tears. Since then - my favourite one. I realised what I needed from my life while those guys were pulling my legs through that bridge and my body was dragged along on the ground drawing a long red line of blood all the way back to the orphanage.