Chapter Seventeen [Lies & Broken Promises]

A L I J A H

I nervously wrote down information on the clipboard as Jesse watched me trying to hold back his laughter so I turned and eyed him for a moment. If he wasn't holding my daughter I would have punched him in the face.

"It's just a doctors appointment Jah calm down" he said and I nodded looking over at Darius as he tried to talk to some pregnant woman. I only brought him along because he was complaining about how lonely he is during the day and he makes me laugh so I let him tag along.

I stood up and walked the clipboard to the desk and gave the lady at it a small smile which she returned before walking back and sitting down in the waiting room. There was about a few other woman there all alone and a couple of them even stared at Jesse making me narrow my eyes at them.

"Um excuse me worry about your child and keep your eyes off my fiancé" I snapped and they all looked away. A woman with her boyfriend looked over at me and laughed because she probably knew how desperate woman are, how the hell do you take your children to doctors appointments and be trying to look for a new man?

"You being jealous is so sexy" he whispered and I rolled my eyes as he kissed my cheek. My attention went to Ajani who was sleeping peacefully in his arms.

"She not gonna get any shots is she?" Darius questioned sitting beside me and laying his head on my shoulder like he was a child.

"Nope not this check up, they just wanna see her weight gain and stuff" I shrugged and he nodded closing his eyes.

Darius and I had built a life long friendship ever since we got kidnapped together. He'd always been loyal and I love how he adored my daughter because I knew he wouldn't ever let anything happen to her.

The door opened and the doctor called my daughters name and Jesse and I stood up leaving Darius in the waiting room, I knew he'd say something stupid and embarrass me.

"I'm doctor Arnold" the white man said and I nodded looking him over. He was a cute white guy kind of reminded of Leonardo DiCaprio.

The nurse standing inside took Ajani from Jesse's arms and walked her over to weigh her as Jesse and I took a seat in chairs.

"What's it feel like being new parents?" He questioned as he wrote a few things on his clipboard and I smiled thinking about what it felt like waking up to my daughter everyday.

"I like being a mom a lot, I feel like it was what I was meant to do and my daughter is an easy baby to deal with when her father isn't around because she's so quiet" I said and Dr. Arnold laughed.

When Ajani began to cry Jesse stood up and walked over to see what the nurse was doing. I can't imagine what he'd do when it comes time for her to get shots at the two month check up his crazy ass will set the doctors office on fire.

"Now since she's a preemie there's lots of things to look out for, the main one being asthma. Her lungs were really weak when you had her and sometimes the lungs never get better" he said looking up at me and I frowned.

"What do I do if she does have asthma? I've never dealt with this kind of stuff before" I said quietly as Jesse returned holding her and the nurse handed the doctor a paper containing her height and weight.

"Relax, that's why your here so we can figure it out. If she does have asthma and its treated properly you have nothing to worry about so think positive" he smiled at me to lighten my mood before looking down at her paper work.

"You breastfeed?" Dr. Arnold questioned and I nodded and he remained quiet for a moment looking over everything.

"She's a little underweight so what I'll need you to do is feed her more, I know they may of told you how many times to feed her but I'll just slide in maybe three more feedings a day because just by looking at her heights she's probably going to take after your height and be fairly short" he said with a chuckle making Jesse laugh because he said the same thing.