Epilogue

2 years later...

A L I J A H

"Happy birthday gyal!" Jesse said excitedly as he bent down and picked up Ajani who had tugged on his pant leg while he spoke to one of the guards.

I watched him kiss each of her cheeks and she just looked at him with a small smile in fascination and took a grip of one of his free form locks. She leaned up and kissed his nose making him laugh looking over at me.

"She not talking today huh?" He questioned and I shook my head no walking over and kissed his lips. My eight month stomach was poking him and he smirked and rubbed it, our son was due in a month and it had me wishing he would be home to see him.

Jesse made me sit down and he sat next to me with Ajani in his lap. She tapped his chest and pointed towards a bag of chips another inmate was eating while he argued with some woman.

"Want some?" Jesse questioned watching as she rubbed her eye not wanting to speak. I handed Jesse four quarters for the vending machine and he stood with her on his hip and walked over to where the chips and candy were located in a machine.

I watched Ajani point to something and he placed the quarters inside and pressed a few buttons. Placing my hand on my large stomach I sighed leaning back in the seat I was so tired this pregnancy had me not wanting to be pregnant anymore.

My mom and father were coming in two weeks and planned to stay and help me with the new baby and Ajani until I could get settled.

Living in Jamaica away from family was hard, Jesse was locked up so even though he was here he wasn't physically around when I needed him or felt like crying and now that Ajani was two she was getting in to stuff.

Don't get me wrong Ajani was a good baby and I didn't really have any problems out of her. She loved to play with her stuffed animals and would sit and watch TV she just didn't talk much which frightened me, she'd only speak when she felt like it and doctors said to enjoy it now because when she grows out of it I'll want these moments back.

Jesse took a seat next to me and I glanced at my daughter who was eating a Dorito. When she saw me looking she grabbed another one of of the bag and held it to my mouth and I bit it. Smiling she fed the rest of it to Jesse before sticking her finger into her mouth.

"How you been feeling? No stress right?" he asked sternly like he was my doctor and I smiled already knowing I'd been stressing about a few things.

"I'm sorry it's just so much is on my mind, I want you home but that's twelve years away and it just makes me so sad" I sniffled with my hormones kicking in and he wiped my eyes.

"You are a strong woman Jah, my fuck ups got me here and I'm so sorry. But I know you'll be okay just stop worrying and overthinking everything the baby is going to be healthy and Jani is going to be a good big sister and help. Ain't that right gyal?" Jesse said looking down and she started to cry.

She pointed down to the ground where she'd dropped a chip and Jesse picked it up sitting it on the table and when she tried to reach for it he moved her hand.

"Baby you have a whole bag of chips, you aren't eating off the floor" I say looking at her and her lip started to tremble.

Jesse took the bag of chips from her and sat them on the table and turned her to face him so she was standing on his lap.

"Hey! No tears, your to pretty to cry. That chip is half gone anyway, here" Jesse said reaching into the bag and pulled out a fuller one handing it to her.

She looked at it in her hand and slowly raised it to her mouth and bit it making some crumbs fall on his uniform shirt and I brushed it off.

"Cal had Nicole buy and send her one of those baby hummers and the boys are coming for the weekend" I tell him and he smiled kissing her chin as she continued to nibble on the chip.