Chapter twenty-six: Valentine

You can play the song if you like <3

Chapter twenty-six: Valentine (Faith's POV)

It was now the next day and I woke up, feeling exhausted as ever and wanting nothing but to go back to bed. Alex wasn't going to school due to his three-day suspension but I had to stay back an hour today. He still offered to drive me to school and I took him up on that. I got down with his coffee in my hand and my bag on my shoulder. 

"Hey." He took his coffee from me and kissed my forehead quickly. 

"Hi," I sighed. 

"Why so glum?" he asked while getting the door for me. 

"I'm just tired. You're not even gonna be there, wonder what I'll do all day?" I huffed. 

"You'll be fine. I can be there to pick you up if you want?" he suggested. 

"Only if it doesn't bother you," I buckled up. 

"Of course, it doesn't bother me. I'll be there." He started the car and began driving to school. Once we got there, we talked in his car for a while, until students began appearing, which was my cue to leave. 

"I gotta go," I grabbed my stuff. "Do I though?" I narrowed my eyes, leaning back in my seat. 

"Yes," he chuckled, "You do. I'll see you at the end of the day, okay?" he leaned in. "Bye," he kissed my cheek. 

"Bye." I grabbed my stuff and stepped out, stopping at his window to kiss his cheek. I got to my locker and grabbed my books for the first two periods, Business and English before heading off to class. 

"Hey," Hayley sat beside me. "He's not here today, huh?" she questioned. 

"Nope," I replied. 

"And you hate it, huh?" she asked. 

"Yup." 

She hummed in response. 

Mrs. Donovan had walked in and started teaching, as usual, giving us the most notes to take in a short amount of time. 

x-X-x 

"Aren't you gonna eat something?" Hayley asked while we sat in the field, under the tree that we usually do. 

"I'm not hungry," I shrugged lightly. 

"Okay look, I understand that your boyfriend isn't here today, but that doesn't mean you just sit and mope around all day. It's not the end of the world, Faith," she turned to me. 

"I know that, Hayley. I'm not moping because he's not here, I'm moping because I'm tired, okay?" I sighed while running my hand through my hair. 

"Did you sleep last night?" she questioned. 

"Not really," I huffed. 

"Why not?" she pressed further. 

"I just couldn't sleep," I shrugged it off. 

"You were thinking about the fight that happened, weren't you?" she sighed. "Of course you were," she nodded when my silence gave away my answer. 

The bell rang and lunch was over. I huffed and stood up while grabbing my things. Just a few more hours. 

x-X-x 

I was at my locker, packing my bag and taking some books when my phone rang in my pocket. It was Alex. "Hey," I spoke while holding the phone between my shoulder and ear while getting back to packing.