Chapter twelve: Janitor's closet

Chapter twelve: Janitor's closet (Alex's POV)

I got to school with Faith and things were so incredibly and indescribably awkward. 

"So um- the basketball tryouts for captain are today, are you going?" she asked while we walked to our lockers. 

"Yeah, I was going to stay back for them," I replied. 

"Cool, I'll stay back with you," she came to my locker after grabbing her things. 

"What?" I asked in confusion. 

"For the tryouts, I'll stay back with you," she repeated. 

"I heard you the first time, but why?" I asked as we walked to homeroom. 

"Are you forgetting something?" She looked at me like I was insane. 

"Faith, just because we're a thing doesn't mean you have to stay back for me all the time," I stated. 

"Cody will be there, Alex," she replied. 

Of course, it's for Cody to see. 

"I don't care," I shrugged. 

"Why are you acting so weird?" she asked. 

"I'm not the only one," I gave her a pointed look. 

"What? Just because we kissed?" she asked. We are so lucky no one's at school yet. "That doesn't change anything," she continued. "You don't have to turn one-eighty just because we kissed," she huffed. 

"I know that didn't mean anything, I'm not turning one-eighty, it's just awkward," I sighed. 

"You're never awkward after we kiss!" she whined. 

"Yeah well, usually we kiss in front of people, for show, we kissed when no one was watching, Faith. That changes a lot," I explained. 

"Jesus, okay, we sinned," she rolled her eyes, "I won't let you kiss me again and I won't kiss you again without a crowd, happy?" she pushed me against the lockers and had me pinned. 

I wanted to kiss her again, right here, right now. 

I began leaning in subconsciously because she stepped away, "Don't sin again, you'll be throwing a fit like a baby," she snickered while walking to class. I was about to reply but people began walking into the building so I kept my mouth shut. 

Since she was leading the way, I took advantage of that and grabbed her from behind, pulling her into the nearest janitor closet with me. "What are you doing?" she asked, throwing my hands off of her like her skin was burning under my touch. 

"What am I doing? What are you doing, Faith? What are you so snappy over? I might be acting awkward but you are..." I trailed off. I held her hands, "Faith," she threw them off. I held her arms, "Faith," she threw them off again. 

"Look at you!" I grabbed her waist and pinned her against the shelf, holding her wrists in one hand and my other hand holding her waist. "You keep pushing me off!" I pointed out. 

"You keep touching me!" she argued. 

"Fine, I won't," I put my hands up in surrender and stepped back. 

"Can I leave?" she huffed with her arms folded across her chest. 

"No," I stood in front of the door. 

"I'm okay with being here all day if you are," she sassed. 

"Alright then, I guess we're spending the day here," I shrugged. Her lips pursed while she shifted her weight from one foot to another. She tried pushing past me but I caught her wrist, "Alex, let me go," she pulled her wrist out of my grasp and took a step back.