Chapter 2

(A/N)

Hey everyone! so there are a few things of business I wish to address. First, thank you guys so much for reading the story! This is my very first fanfiction so I am still figuring out everything works and all that jazz. But I am having so much writing it. I will admit the first chapter is a tad rushed because i really wanted to get the story but I still think it turned out well. Second Please give me reviews! I love having feed back form those who read my stuff! It helps me build confidence. I love positivity. So if you do leave review, make it constructive criticism. Or I will just block you. If you don't like the story, guess freaking what, YOU DONT HAVE TO READ IT AND WASTE MY TIME WITH A CRAPPY REVIEW! OK? cool.

As for my reviewers

NarutoKushina: thank you so much for pointing that out. I will eventually fix it. I just want to get the next part of the story up. Honestly, I write most of this late at night and most of the time after I get home from a 10 plus hour day so sometimes I cant think straight.

anarion87 thank you for the compliment. Nice to hear people enjoy it.

And to the two guests. You dont have to wait long! he is the new chapter.

Moving along. I do not have a set schedule when I will be posting new chapters. Sometimes I get inspiration others...my brain is like yea no.

DISCLAIMER! I DONT OWN NARUTO! ITS KISHI'S! DO I have to always do one? I see it all the time when I read some but idk.

Again thank you for this who like the story, the reviewers, the followers, and everyone else in between. You are all amazing and never let anyone tell you different. ENJOY!

Everything seemed quiet over the Village Hidden in the leaves as the wind blew softly through the city. Strawberry hair moved seemly of its own accord, only to be tamed by a simple finger combing it behind an ear. Sakura Haruno leaned against the railing on her third floor apartment's extended patio. She was overlooking the new constructed Konoha. The construction was still not done but almost was complete. The occupants were sparing no expense in rebuilding their new home. The village had really sprung back from its dark times, just like what he would have done. The very thought of her teammate brought a smile to her beautiful face. Today was the anniversary.

Three years ago Naruto died.

FLASHBACCKK

"NARUTOOOOOOOO!"

He returned. He always came back. In every single one of her darkest hours, in her scariest moments, he came back to push back the darkness. He couldn't be dead. He just could not. Naruto dead was as likely as Tsunade swearing off sake for the rest of her life. In other words, impossible. Yet here she was. Holding on to his jacket desperately. Ripped apart and bloody.

She continued to wail and cry until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up to see Shikamaru standing above her. Taking one look into her emerald eyes Shikamaru instantly knew what had happened. Kneeling down, he guided her up to get out of the crater. He lead her out of the large crater and through the crowds of people who were whispering and pointing. But she was not paying attention to anything. She was lost. Completely devastated. Never again will she see him smile.

Some time later, Sakura did not know nor care, she was led into a house that belonged to non-other than Ino. Shikamaru sat Sakura down on the couch and went to fill Ino on everything he had found out. Sakura was in no state to give good information. But the look and the state the jacket was in left little room for what else could have happened.

Ino ran over to her best friend and cradled her. If at all possible she cried even harder, calling his name over and over. Ino was so scared and felt terrible for Sakura. She knew a little about how she was feeling. She had never seen Sakura this way, even after Sasuke left, but she still had Naruto. Now, there was no Naruto. Ino could offer no words to comfort her pink haired best friend. Eventually she cried herself to sleep still holding on to the bloody and ripped up jacket that once belonged to the most unpredictable ninja to ever live. Eventually, when she woke up again she found herself in a spare room of Ino's house. After crying some more she finally had some of a will to get up and grab some food. But first she needed a shower.