Chapter 1

CH 1

Eyes wide open. Mouth agape. No other emotion then pure shock. He could not even move.

"W-what?"

Homura leaned forward. "Did I stutter boy?"

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" Naruto screamed taking a step forward, fists clutched so hard blood trickled down his fingers.

Koharu shifted her hands to her lap. "The decision has been made."

Naruto slowly look around the room to all the elders and the members of the council who were invited.

"You have no right to do this!" Naruto yelled pointing at all who were present.

A man cleared this throat in a smug and rude way, then spoke in his emotionless voice. "Respect your elders boy. We came to this decision for the protection of Konoha. For its citizens, for its ninja, for its future. A future without you." The smug smile formed on the face of Danzo.

A FEW DAYS BEFORE

Sakura and Naruto stroll down the of the newly constructed streets of Konoha. The attack by Pein left the Village Hidden in the Leaves completely in ruins. Not just the destruction of homes but the destruction of the people's hopes and stability. Yet there was one thing that held everyone together. Not a thing, but a person. One person.

Naruto.

Sakura glanced at Naruto out of the corner of her eye. His hands were behind his head making a make-shift head rest. His typical orange and black jacket was completely unzipped giving him a relaxed aura. Sakura could not help but smile. He had come so far in life, started off as the annoying little brat that everyone wanted to get rid of to someone who everyone needed in their lives. Especially her own. He was her pillar. That unmovable rock that no matter what was happening, she could rely on him. She could not imagine life without the Kyuubi vessel.

"What's up Sakura-chan?"

The question brought Sakura out from her musing to full out look at Naruto. His gaze at her was quizzical.

She was slightly embarrassed. "u-uh, n-n-nothing Naruto. "

He lightly chuckled. "You sure?" he teased.

She looked away from him, crossing her arms. "Humph. I'm sure."

He laughed out loud at her antics. He narrowed his eyes at the pink haired girl. "I was just playing Sakura-chan."

Sakura turned her head back around to stare right into those beautiful cerulean eyes of the blond boy walking next to her. Scratch that. Not a boy. A man. No boy can do the things he can.

"Well I hope you are done playing around because I am starving." Sakura stated leaving no room for negotiations.

"Me too. Ichiraku?" The blond asked with much hope.

Naruto's favorite stand reopened just a few days ago but was bigger because people figured out it was his favorite place to eat at. The poor old man and his daughter never got a break because they were always so busy. But they were ok with that, especially since it was all because of Naruto. They always had room for Naruto when he came around for his eight bowls of almost daily ramen.

As much as Sakura did not want to see Naruto devour many bowls of ramen at inhuman rates, she was so hungry she did not care. "Sure."

Naruto stopped in his tracks almost not believing in what he just heard. She wanted to get ramen? With him? This was a dream come true!

"But it not a date," the pink girl stated loudly so he could hear her.

Scratch that. It was still a dream yet to come true.