Chapter 3 -Welcome Home(S1E1)*

Bella POV-one month later-

As I hopped into my car with two of my three new best friends, I couldn’t help but think of how many eyes I’d catch tonight at the bonfire. I was wearing dark skinny jeans, a purple sleeveless shirt with a lather jacket on top and I had debated on stripy black heals but settled on ankle cut lather boots. My hair was curled and my makeup was light but noticeable.

I couldn’t believe that I wasn’t stressing myself over what was to come; I had never really had the chance to be a care free teen… except for the time I spent with Charlie and Renee.

“So why isn’t Elena going with us again?” Caroline asked for what felt like the billionth time tonight. “Car rides aren’t as fun without her… not that you two aren’t fun but having all of us together is so much better.”

I shared a look with Bonnie and we both rolled our eyes. “For the last time Care, she’s going with Matt.”

She let out a big sigh and leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms. I looked over at Bonnie again and we giggled at our childish acting friend.

From my rear-view merrier I could see Care scowling, so I sighed and then said. “We’ll be at Tyler’s party in five minutes and I’m sure you’ll forget about being angry at us, once you see the guys.”

I could see the glower she gave, but I could also feel that she knew I was right.

The rest of the ride was silent but comfortable, thou normally we would all be talking it was hard to keep up conversation without the second most talkative in our group.

Once the car stopped, Caroline –like always- was the first one to say anything. “Finally! Let’s go find Elena and get to partying.”

Mine and Bonnies chuckle was the only response she got but in union was all got out of the car and were off to find our fourth.

___two hour’s latter___

Out of Bonnie, Caroline, Elena, Matt and I the only one that stayed sober was me so it was obvious that I’d be the driver tonight.

I was sitting on a log by a fire pitch, watching the couples dancing and everyone else make fools of them self’s when I hared Elena sit by me. I turned to her, to see that she had a frown on her face. “You okay Elena? I thought you were with Matt.”

She looked up at me and at first she seemed frustrated but then it cleared to something like sadness. “I was with Matt. We got in an argument.” She paused a moment as she watched the fire dance in the wind then after a few moments she turned to me. “Do you think you can bring me home? I’m not in the party mood anymore.”

I gave her a small smile. “I wish I could, but Care and Bon-bon would hate me if I ditched them.” I watched as her face fall so I continued. “But how about you call your mom, I’m sure she’d come pick you up.”

She nodded and silently got up and started walking to where the cars were parked. I got up as well and fallowed her. “You don’t need to baby-sit me, you know.” She said in and irritated voice as we stopped by my car.

“I know, but I wont to make sure that you’re alright.”

“I’m fine, I’m just calling my mom.” She said.

“Good. Now call her and once I know for sure that you have a ride, then I will leave you alone.” I negotiated with her. She was about to argue, but when I lifted an eyebrow at her she sighed then called her mom.

I only stayed long enough to know that she was getting a ride then I walked off until I was out of her sight, then I was in the forest watching her.