Chapter 2-The Doppelganger*

Bella POV

The ride from the airport to Mystic Falls was for the most part quiet.

Liz for the most part told me about the town, that was basically like any other small town but one thing she didn't tell me about was the history that the town had with vampires. I didn't really expect her to either.

She told me a bit about the school and the most popular hang out place called 'Mystic Grill'.

Liz said that she would bring me to my apartment but that she needed to get back to work so she went with me to get my car from the shop -it was a simple black Mercedes- then she gave me the directions to my place and was off after moving my things to my new car.

Mystic Falls seemed to be a quiet town but also the type that had so many secrets and I could practically smell the magic in the air.

When I got to my apartment I took my first big bag over my shoulder and walked up to the small lobby entrances that had an open stair-case.

Everything seemed to be made of wood, but I liked it, it was completely my stile and I couldn't help but smile.

I went up to the third floor to the first door to the left, which was mine, grabbed the key that Liz had given to me and opened the door and walked in.

The main room area was big but it shared room with the dining and living part, it had a few big windows and had bookshelves all over the walls. Off to the left there was a small hallway that had four doors.

The first one on the right was the master bedroom which was a decent size, it had two medium sized windows, a small walk-in closet and a bathroom. The walls in the room were plane, they would need a paint job. The bathroom was tiled but the walls were tiny blue and Wight tiles wile the floor was just Wight, there was a glass door for the shower and all the other fixtures for a bathroom were Wight.

The second door in the hallway was a guest bedroom that had a small walk-in closet, one large window, was perfectly square and the walls were a light Robbins egg blue.

The third room was a large bathroom with black and Wight tiling, there was a glass door for the shower, a Wight claw-foot tub, and marble counter and Wight toilet.

The last door was just a closet for towels, blankets and pillows.

The kitchen was just off to the right of the living room, and it had more of the wooden theme. Everything but the appliance’s was wood.

Every room was furnished with the basics, but I would need to go shopping for everything else tomorrow, but for now I had to finish getting my stuff from my car and bringing it up to the living room.

After deciding to just dump my things to deal with them later, I felt hungry but remembered that I didn't have anything here to make or cook with. So I was going to go to the 'hot spot' as Sheriff Forbes called it, Mystic Grill.

The moment I walked in the place, all eyes were on me; or at least it felt like it. Naturally I blushed and ducked my head a little, to cover my face from the stairs people were giving me. Eventually the people that were staring got the point and looked away.

I was going to ask the host for a menu, but was stopped when a perky blond girl came over to me, she sort of stopped but kept bouncing in one spot -she reminded me of Alice with the bouncing and the designer cloths, but that's where the similarities stopped- she gave me a smile.

''Hi, I’m Caroline Forbes, the Sheriffs daughter. Are you the new girl in town? Isabella Swan?'' She asked in a perky voice, with a knowing look.