Chapter Ten-Widow's Hill-Part one

Picture of Victoria Winters staring at the haunted Widow's Hill, in 'Dark Shadows', right in the media section; and Episode 14 of the original 1966 First Season, in which Victoria meets Caroline's boyfriend Joe Haskell...while she attempts to get to the truth about her upbringing.

Warning: It is rated PG for some supernatural horror violence, adult themes.

You must be 13 years and over to see and hear it.

B/W.

***

I don't want to hear the sounds...

...They whistled near the roaring wind...

...And I knew what it meant...

...That death came to the Governesses of Collinsport.

***

David was hiding when I saw him.

"I hoped you'd come".

"But...I don't want them here".

I noticed the Vampires glare at us; Roger also glared.

But he had a morose look on his face.

"Willie opened the coffins".

"He is evil. Why have they returned to Collinswood, Victoria? The other Governesses were horrid to me".

"They shouldn't be. Besides, I want to keep you safe, David. That's my job. Your Mother would be proud...".

"My Mother is dead!".

And he ran upstairs, and slammed the bedroom door.

***

I gazed at Window's Hill.

The strange wind blew southward; the strange wind, as I've come to know over time, warranted a sense of desolation in the wives' minds...when their husbands were working on the ships in the Collinsport docks; when the Maine docks were full of moored ships that sailed to New York from Maine for business...

...I loved the sea...

...And the raging waters that crashed on the bursting shores...And the violence of the sea smashed my dreams like the I was at the Orphanage years' ago...

...I remembered the vast amount of money being paid to me by someone who wanted to look after me...As if I had had a Mother and Father who cared about a scared little girl a long time ago back in nineteen forty-six when I turned two, just after the end of WWII in April, nineteen forty-five.

***

Page 11.