Chapter Six- Vampire

The Photo is Colin's mom, Caroline. I made her here:    http://www.dolldivine.com/princess-maker.php 

            We walked into the meeting room, and found before us quite a scene. Pushed up against the wall was a scared looking woman. She was insanely beautiful, with long, wavy black hair, and the same electric blue eyes as Colin. Her ivory skin was free of any imperfections. Long, dark lashes and full, blood red lips brought her beauty to the peak of perfection. I ran out to get the wolves away from this innocent human, but as I got closer, I realized that she was no human.

            As the smell of the vampire flooded into me, I couldn’t hold my transformation back. Vampires couldn’t be allowed to live. A single one can kill a million people and still not be satisfied. I wasn’t just going to growl at the vermin like the stupid wolves. I ran at it and came very close to attacking.

            “Stop! Don’t…” A pleading voice yelled into my head. Now that I was paying attention, I could feel Colin’s emotions again, and I was appalled to find that he was worried for a vampire.

            “What is your problem? She is a vampire.” I thought angrily back at him.

            “I just can’t believe she’s not dead.”

            “What?”

            “That’s my mom.” Although it went against all of my instincts, I fought Star and backed off the beautiful monster. There was still no way I would be able to calm myself down and transform back into human form. As I was, I turned around to face my mate. I saw the anger I was feeling on Star’s face through his eyes, and I tried to make myself look less feral, but it was no use with a vampire so close by.

            “Your mom is a vampire?” The mind link question came through angrier than I’d intended, but my emotions were uncontrollable when I was being triggered by a vampire. I felt Star beginning to take back control and I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep from ripping the monster to shreds any longer. “I’m sorry Colin, I just can’t stand to be around her any longer.” I channeled to him as I darted out of the room. I didn’t know where I was going to go. I just needed to get away from her.

            Once at the doorway, I lost the smell of her and began regaining my control. It still wasn’t enough. I had to keep going, and as I ran, I passed by Mark. He didn’t seem to have any clue what was going on in the meeting room. It distracted me a little thinking about how surprised he’d be to see that his dead wife had come back as a vampire.

            “Katrina, why are you in cat form? What has happened?” He called after me, but I didn’t stop. I would have to change back to human form to talk to him, and I couldn’t trust myself to be able to change back and not run back to kill that vile creature. Plus, I didn’t have any clothes. I released myself from Katrina’s way of thinking, and let Star lead me home.

            I felt comforted by the site of my familiar home. I know I had only been gone for one night, but it felt like it had been much longer, especially knowing that nobody knew where I was. I scratched on the door and hoped that someone was home. I couldn’t have the neighbors seeing a gigantic cat at my house. The might call the police, or animal control, or something. As I was thinking these things, the door creaked open and I saw as my mom begin crying. I pushed past her and into the house. She wiped up her tears and calmed down as she closed the door.

            As soon as the door was closed, I shifted into human form and shook myself out. Grabbing my legs, I pulled them up to my chest. Rejecting my instincts could weaken me enough, but there was something else. I felt a strong force in my stomach pulling me back to the wolves, to Colin. My vision was blurred, but Colin’s was coming through strongly along with all his strange emotions, probably from seeing his mom. My thoughts kept coming back to Colin, and I had to assume this was from being away from him. He was my mate. I couldn’t be away from him, especially so soon after mating.