Chapter 7: The Council

When you got to Coruscant, you and Anakin parted ways. Anakin had to go to the medical wing to get his new prosthetic arm fitted. You wished that you could be there with him, but you needed to report to the council.

You walked the temple halls, remembering your childhood as you made your way to the council chambers. Life here was always so peaceful. There were so many gardens and places you could go to meditate. Your personal favorite was the room of a thousand fountains. It was a garden within the base of the Jedi Temple. It was full of waterfalls, fountains, and flowers. It was the most peaceful and spiritual place in the temple. Perhaps you could go there after your meeting with the council.

You took deep breaths to calm yourself as you rode the elevator to the top of the Jedi High Counsel spire. So many thoughts swam around in your head. Were you even ready to become a master? You pushed your thoughts away as the elevator came to a halt at the top of the spire.

Deep breaths.

You entered the Jedi Council chambers with a clear mind and bowed to the masters.

"Done with training you are, hmm?" Master Yoda said.

"Yes." You replied.

"It is clear that you were successful in the completion of your studies," Master Windu agreed. "I saw your silver blade on the battlefield. Only a very powerful force transformation could have changed your lightsaber crystal to silver. But because you have been gone for so many years and we are now involved in a war, the council has decided to postpone the decision to promote you." Master Windu put his hand on his chin and paused. "Before you left Coruscant, I instructed you to write down everything you learned and experienced during your period of study, did you do as I ask?"

You nodded and proceeded to grab a worn leather journal from the pocket of your robes. You handed it to Master Windu as he nodded in approval.

"The council will look over your notes and monitor your progress here at the temple before we make a decision. We will allow you to relax for the next few days before assigning a mission to you. May the force be with you."

"Thank you, masters. May the force be with you."

*******

You found yourself heading straight to the room of a thousand fountains after you left the council chambers. You were kind of relieved that they hadn't made a decision yet.

You stepped into the room of a thousand fountains and cool mist instantly hit your skin. You took in the familiar sight and smell of the room, remembering your childhood. The sounds of the flowing waters always soothed you when you were stressed. You walked over to your favorite spot, right by the rose bushes and not too far from a waterfall. The smell of the roses and the mist from the waterfall helped you clear your mind and slip into a deep meditative state.

About an hour later, you felt Anakin's presence and open your eyes. He was crossing the bridge beneath the biggest waterfall and made his way over to you with his new prosthetic arm.

"I thought I might find you here"