|Prologue| New Born

I know I shouldn't be updating, especially since I can't even finish one proper story. But this idea has been in my head for so long, that I feel like I'm going to burst. I just wanted to let it out. This isn't a major story I will be working on, however I'd love to know whether it's good enough to make something out of.

I hope you enjoy. :)

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Prologue: New Born

Link it to the world

Link it to yourself

Stretch it like a birth squeeze

The love for what you hide

The bitterness inside

Is growing like the new born

     My feet feel cold against the damp ground even though the inside of my boots are made of fur. A chill runs down my spine as I hear them. I clamp my mouth shut and wrap my shaking hands around my belly, whishing it's a nightmare. That the guns aren't pointed at me and there isn't a man lying on the floor, swimming in his own pool of blood.

     "Don't move," the tall guy holding the gun says. "Unless you want to join that piece of shit." He eyes the dead figure on the floor with disgusted eyes and then turns to me sharply. "Don't move," he warns again.     

     I nod, but my brain feels like it's all in mush. I feel as if my knees will give out any second now and I won't make it. That horrible feeling of vomit comes up my throat but I push it back, shaking my head against it. My eyes are heavy with unshed tears but I'm too afraid to blink.     

     "I promise I won't say anything," I say, surprisingly calm. I want to congratulate myself for being able to let out a sentence without crying but I hold back, my begging eyes doing nothing but making the men feet away laugh as if what I say is the funniest joke in the planet.     

     The guy steps forward and lowers his gun and I don't know if I should cry or laugh. "We know you won't," he grins crookedly, revealing a set of rotten teeth. "But first you have to come with us." He takes a step closer again and I fight the urge to turn around and run.     

     The dead man next to me stops me when I realize that what they did to him could easily be done to me. So I choose to stand with wobbly legs that are shaking all over, fighting to stand.     

     "Please," I cry, "I swear I won't say anything."     

     But my vision blurs as I see the other man who looks my age come closer and pull me up. His hold is strong against my sensitive elbow, but I don't care anymore. My eyes close and I slip into a blackness that I welcome almost pleadingly. With arms still around my stomach, I pray that my baby is alive.                                                                                                                          

Xxx     

     I have to escape.     

     I realize this when I wake up in the morning, with a black eye and long red bruise that is running along my arm. My body aches and my head is exploding with words I can't say out loud.     

      I am cowardly, but I really can't endure any more pain. I really can't take another beating or the sound of his screaming voice. I put my hands on my ears feeling as if they are bleeding.