|3| I Am An Illusion

A/N: I feel so proud of myself, I updated, again! These deadlines really seem to work ;)   Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~                 

                                      Chapter 3: I am an Illusion

Wrong step
We got off track
We need someone to help us get back now
Worn thin
Awful state I was in
I believe I was losing me now I'm found
I am found

               "You work at a bar?"

            Blake shoots me one of the most lethal looks I ever see him wear. He's angry. Very, very angry.

              I nod, grimacing as I notice his hands clenching on his lap.

           "You're pregnant, and you work at a fucking bar?" he whispers quietly. He looks completely out if. I know that when Blake is mad his voice tends to lower an octave and his eyes darken to a point I can almost see some black.

            "It's not that bad," I shake my head defensively. "The manager is really nice and he lets me off some nights when I am tir—"

             "Are you out of your damn mind?" He grasps tightly onto my arms, his fingers digging almost painfully into my skin. I try to wiggle out of his hold but he only tightens it and pulls me closer to him.

          "Do you realize in how much danger you're putting yourself in?" he asks in disbelief. "How long?"

            "How long what?"

            "How long have you been working in that damn fucking club?" he fumes.

         "Almost five months," I reply. I flinch as I feel him pressing harder onto my skin. "It's hurts Blake. Please, you're hurting me," I plead for him to let go.

         I don't remember him like this. He's so mean, so impatient and condescending. And he's furious, furious like never before.

         His eyes widen at my words and he snaps his eyes towards my sore arm, releasing me almost immediately. "I'm sorry," he apologizes in regret. Fuck, Scar, fuck," he rambles in frustration.

            "Why didn't you try to contact me?"

        His hands are holding onto my own. They are warm against my cold ones and it feels so relaxing, I just want to close my eyes and lean into him.

         "I confiscated my cell phone when I realized that my brother was in Portland," I reply mournfully. "I wasn't thinking at that moment, Blake. All I could think of was running."

        "And the pregnancy? You couldn't even try to find me after finding out you were pregnant. What in the world were you thinking that you'd be able to do this yourself?"

         "I was fine before you came in, Blake. I am a big girl, I can take care of myself."

         Hurt crosses his sharp features and I flinch mentally, lowering my gaze.

       "I could have protected you," Blake murmurs after a moment of silence. "If you would have just told me what happened before, I could have taken care of everything."

       I scoff at him and shake my head in denial. "You told me you were a pre-med student, taking some time off, alone in the city. How in the world could that have been enough to tell you about Jake?"

      Blake lets out a heavy sigh before I feel his arms around me, pushing me into his hard chest, showering me with his warmth.

      I lean into him. His body is so familiar, and despite being miles and miles away from my little apartment, I feel like I am home. I push my nose into his shirt and take in scent. I missed him, I realize, so much.