Chapter 1: Our Journey (Lukas)

I just stare at it, the barrier. This is the perfect moment to run through it. There are no muggles around. There’s only my parents and brothers, along with Mrs. Longbottom and Alice. I'm afraid. I want to get through but at the same time, I don't. Hogwarts is waiting for me, but I don't want to leave home. I'll miss Mam and Dad, and surprisingly my little brothers.

A hand rests on my left shoulder. I look up to see my father looking back at me. He gives me a sincere look. My father can read me well, and he knows I'm having trouble with this.

"Count to three, and we'll both run through," he instructs me. I nod my head and turn back to the barrier.

One

Two

Three

We're dashing towards to barrier. I'm surprised we haven't toppled over the trolley that I'm pushing. I'm near the stone wall and immediately close my eyes, my father and I still running. There's no friction or anything that makes us crash. I open my eyes and see the scarlet train Mam was telling me about. I'm one step closer to Hogwarts.

Dad and I scoot over and let the others go through the barrier and on to the platform. First comes Mam with Keegan and Connor. After them is Mrs. Longbottom and Alice. She's utterly amazed with the platform. We've never seen a place so crowded before. Witches and wizards are saying goodbye to their children. Some students are bringing pets, some are already wearing their uniform, some are wielding wands and have broomsticks slung over their shoulders,

I turn to my little brother Connor whose jaw is practically on the floor. A lot of things amazed him, but this was truly astonishing to my youngest brother. Keegan's smile surfaced as he watched the students inside the train, running about the corridors to find a compartment. Alice's eyes were glued on the train since our arrival. She couldn't wait to board and see Hogwarts for herself.

"Goodness, I feel nostalgic," Mam softly chuckled as she looked around the platform.

"Mum, what time is it?" Alice asked her mother.

Mrs. Longbottom looked at the small, silver watch on her wrist. "It's five minutes to eleven," she answered.

"We better make sure they board soon," said Dad.

Something at the end of the Platform caught my attention. I noticed several people staring and trying to get closer to a particular family. I couldn't seem to get a glimpse of them. Mam and Dad noticed as well, and so did my little brothers.

"Mam," Connor spoke up as he tugged my mother's hand, "what's going on over there?"

Our mother stood on the tips of her toes to try and see past the people in front of us. She managed to get a glimpse of the family who were the center of attention throughout the station. A grin surfaced and she lightly shook her head.

"It appears the Potters have arrived."

"Mum, we haven't seen the Potters and Weasleys in a while," Alice brought up. "Do you think we can say hi right now?"

"They look tied up at the moment," Mrs. Longbottom mentioned as she glanced over at them. "You can definitely talk to everyone on the train."

Alice slumped her shoulders and continued to move along. I was looking forward to seeing Fred and James along with the rest of the Weasley kids.

Dad was able to get mine and Alice's luggage onto the train. All that was left to do now was to say our goodbyes to our family and ride off to Hogwarts. It would definitely be strange for me. I had never been away from home for such a long time. The times I had been away from home, it was usually because I was on vacations with my family. I would only have the company of my mother's letters and our family owl to keep me up to date with everything going on at home.