Chapter Six

When I first moved in with Rian , it seemed that everyone in the ATL family spent every waking moment together . It wasn't like that now ; we still hung out , sure , but we all had our own lives . Charles , Sam and I were in separate grades at school , and we each had our own set of friends . But since Hazel had come back , we had been spending noticeably more time together .

I was sitting in the living room , sipping coffee . It wasn't my favourite drink , but Rian was addicted to it which meant that it was the one thing – apart from booze – that we were constantly stocked up on . So while I didn't love it , I had it often enough to began to like it . As long as I had put in a few spoonfuls of sugar , that is .

I guess you could call it a band meeting , although Jack and Sam had yet to arrive . Even Matt and Keith , the new band manager , were here , planning for Europe .

“I've been getting a few calls from the press over the past few days” Keith was saying . “So you guys will have some interviews to do – some just over the phone , but there will be a couple where you'll have to drive places . You don't mind , do you ? I can always cancel if you think your schedule's too busy – we've got plenty of time .”

“Are you kidding ?” Alex asked , “Nah , we can do it , don't worry .”

“Do we all have to do it , or can we just send Alex and Jack ?” Zack asked , stretching his arms .

We chuckled .

“Mix of both” Keith said with a raised eyebrow . “I'll email you the details” He told Matt , who nodded .

“Is there anything else we should know ?” Rian asked , his head in the game , as always .

Keith shrugged . “Not that I can think of . Matt , what about you ?”

“We need to do some signings” Matt suggested , “And there's probably going to be Meet & Greets for every show .”

Rian nodded . “Right . And that's it ?”

“Well , excluding our massive parties” Alex bragged , smiling broadly . Hazel rolled her eyes .

“I think you have to remember that we've all been to these so-called parties , and they're not that great” She said , smirking .

Alex frowned , and jumped her , causing them both to fall onto the floor . He pinned her down , and bit back a smile .

“Take it back !” He said , “Recant , Halo !”

Hazel squealed , squirming . “Get off me , Lex !”

“Not until you tell me a throw the best parties ever !”

“No !”

“Yes !”

“No !”

“No !”

“Yes !” Hazel cried , “Wait – no , dammit Alex !”

Alex giggled , and began to tickle her . “Say it !”

“I -” Hazel laughed , “Stop it , Alex !”

“Say it !”

“Okay , okay !” She gasped . Alex grinned , stopped tickling her and sat up .

“You throw the best parties ever” Hazel admitted , leaning against the sofa .

“ I know” Alex sighed , lying his head on her shoulder . “I love you .”

“I love you too .”

“Well , if you two are done” Matt said after a second , “I think we should talk about the -”