Chapter Five

I was glad to be back in Baltimore . Matt was waiting for us at Arrivals – we weren´t on tour , meaning that he wasn´t on duty , but I guess he was just so used to being the daddy of the group that it was second nature for him to be looking after us all . But even his worried face lit up when he saw Hazel .

“Hey !” He cried happily , enveloping her in a hug . Hazel laughed .

“Hi , Matty Mouse” She teased . “I´ve missed you ,” She mumbled into his collarbone .

Matt released her with a fond ruffle of her hair .

“Missed you too , Hazel “ Matt said with a smile . “It hasn´t been the same without you around .”

“I hate to break up this happy reunion” Jack said with a yawn , “But I really want to go home , and Alex was my ride , so ...”

Matt rolled his eyes . “Okay , Barakat , I can take a hint . If anyone wants to come in my car , I´m leaving now .”

We separated up , and I followed behind Rian . We got in Alex´s range rover with Zack , Charles and Hazel .

When Rian and I arrived home , it didn´t take long for us to fall into old routines . Within five minutes , Rian was sipping coffee and texting Cassadee , and I was sitting Indian style on the sofa , flicking through a book that Rian´s mom had given me for my birthday a few months ago .

“It's good to be home” Rian sighed , and I agreed .

“That was your first time in Cali , right ?” Rian checked , “Yeah , I thought so . Did you like it ?”

I smiled . “It was pretty cool . I mean – way too hot , but I enjoyed it .”

Rian chuckled . “You'll love it when we get to Spain , then .”

“Oh , God” I groaned . “That'll be suffering in it's height .”

He laughed . “I'll take you shopping tomorrow if you like . We can buy you some summer clothes , a pair of good quality sunglasses , that sort of thing .”

“Really ?” I said , feeling my future brighten . “That'd be great !”

Rian beamed .

“I miss your smile when you're away” I admitted .

“I miss you too” Rian sighed , “But -”

“I know , I know” I told him with a roll of my eyes . “It's your job , and you love it – and I get that , I do ! I just miss you , that's all .”

Ri smiled softly , wrapping an arm around me . “I know you do , Pommie . And I'm sorry .”

“It's okay” I said , “I'm just glad that I get to spend time with you at all .”

“Me too “ Rian said smugly , before frowning . “Hey – you don't mind about Cassadee staying this week , do you ?”

I laughed . “Are you kidding ? I love Cass . I wish she'd move in permanantly .”

Rian frowned . “Really ? Huh . That's not a bad idea .”

I giggled . “Okay , I'm gonna go to bed . I swear the sun never sets in California . It's impossible to sleep there .”

Rian smiled . “Be glad the bus has black-out windows !” He called as I headed to my room .