Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Bay’s POV

            “Hey, listen, Kallina. I’m really tired, so I’ll call you tomorrow or something.” I said into my phone.

“Yeah, yeah. Is this just your excuse to stop talking to me?” I heard the amusement in her words.

“Yep, totally. That’s why I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“Okay, bye, buds.” She hung up. I turned off my phone and threw it on the floor. Turning off the light, I snuggled into my covers and sighed. I had to admit, I wanted to get off the phone so that I could get to sleep and see him in my dreams. I only got to see him when I was asleep, and sometimes, he didn’t show up. I closed my eyes and drifted off.

            *Someone was carrying me; or something. Two large arms were holding me bridal style, and when they walked, my body hit their ribcage. I looked up to see who was holding me, but there was no head. Nothing. Just the open sky. I started to struggle, which didn’t help me. The grip tightened against my sides and then I felt myself being launched into the air. I heard the familiar whoosh of air flying around my head and I tried to grasp something, anything to catch myself.

            I caught something warm and soft. Frantically, I turned and grabbed the thing with both of my hands, trying to pull myself up but I was too weak. I felt a tingle around my waist as I was pulled up into somebody’s arms.

“There you are.” I looked up and saw him. His green eyes sparkled in the moonlight and his bright, white teeth shined in the dark. He brushed his fingers against my cheek and laid me in his lap.

“I was waiting, you silly girl. I almost thought you had forgotten about me.” He joked, smiling. I shook my head and squinted.

“Good, cause I will never forget about you.” He leaned down and kissed the tip of my nose. I closed my eyes and hardly whispered, “Liam.”

“Yeah, honey?” I was surprised he had heard me.

“Liam.” I opened my eyes.

“Yes, I love you too.” He smiled sweetly and kissed my forehead, cheek, nose, hair. Tingles spread, warming me. “I love you more than anyone could love a person. I promise.”

I looked at him deeply and he nodded. “I promise.” *

            I woke up, clutching my blankets close to my chest. I looked at my clock and it read 3: 48. Sighing, I slowly laid back down and bit my lip. He came back; Liam came back and saved me…again. I slung my arm across the bed and wished that he was underneath my arm, taking up the empty space in my bed. I wanted him, so bad. And not just in my dreams, all the time. I fingered the edge of the pillow case and turned onto my side. If I tried hard enough, I could almost imagine him laying there, his eyes boring into mine and smiling with his sloppy grin. I accidentally blinked and he was gone.

Liam’s POV

            I stepped out of her dream and she gasped and bolted straight up. I silently slid out her window, but stayed on the edge, peering in at her. She smoothed out her hair and checked her clock. She laid back down and slung her arm over the other side of the bed. I desperately wished I was in that bed with her, that arm slung over my chest. She turned staring at the spot in which I was supposed to be, but I wasn’t.

            I watched her eyes widen and saw a whisper of a smile. I smiled at the sight of her and then my face dropped. She was crying. I snatched the pane of the window, pulling myself into her bedroom. I couldn’t let her cry, I needed to be with her; comforting her, holding her.

            I was so close, so close to climbing through her window before I stopped myself. I couldn’t do it; it would ruin everything. I sighed and sunk back down. I missed her, I loved her. Bay let out a sob and I couldn’t hold myself back any longer. I left.

Bay’s POV

            I plugged my earphones in my ears and turned the volume up; enough to block the sounds from the outside world. I couldn’t get Liam out of my mind. I didn’t even know if he was real, yet I was obsessed with him. Obsessed with a person from my dreams. How pathetic.

            I felt a tap on my shoulder and I yanked my earphones out, turning to the person.

“Hey,” Daniel said, sitting down next to me on my bed.

“Hi.” I said, confused. He never just came into my room to hang out. He wanted something. “What is it?”

“What? I can’t just sit and hang with my little sister?” A smirk on his face.

“Daniel,” I sighed.

“Okay, fine.” He sighed and got up, looking into my face. He stared at me and gripped my shoulders. After a moment, he shook his head. “Never mind.” He began to walk out until I grabbed his arm.

“Danny, what is it?” He shook his arm out of my grasp and walked out.

I frowned, what was up with him?

I got up and walked out, following him downstairs. He walked outside and jumped in his car. He drove away. I sighed and walked into the kitchen; pulling open the fridge and grabbing a coke. I popped open the can and took a long sip. Suddenly, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and took it out. Without looking at the name, I opened it up and answered.

“Hello?”

Silence.

“Hello?” I said again.

Nothing.

“Well, okay then.” I was about to hang up before I heard a voice scream out through the phone.

“Wait!” I put the phone back up against my ear and listened to the breathing on the other side.

“Hi.” I said.

“Hi, I love you.” The call ended.