Chapter One

Chapter 1

Bay’s POV

            “Here, smell this one.” My best friend Farrah said to me, stuffing a bottle of perfume in my face. I took it from her hand and took a whiff.

“Oh, Farrah. This is nasty.” I said, holding it away from me. “Someone take it.” I coughed and gave a short laugh.

“Let me see.” My other best friend, Kallina, said, grabbing the bottle. “Ew, I’m going to have to go with Bay on this one, Farrah. Sorry.”

“I’m buying it.” Farrah replied, taking the bottle and putting it in her shopping basket.

“You actually like that one?” Kallina asked, pointing to the perfume in my basket.

“Um, yeah. That’s why I’m getting it.” A hint of amusement in my voice.

“What smell is it again?”

“Sugar Vanilla.” I picked it up and held it to Kallina’s nose.

“Yum, I thought it was coffee.”

“Uh, no.” I smiled and put it back in the basket.

“Alright. I’m all set. Let’s go.” Farrah picked up her basket and made her way to the register.

*

“Okay. So what now?”  Farrah asked, turning to look at me in the front seat of her little Honda. Kallina poked her head in between the two front seats and started spray herself with my perfume.

“Hey! You should have gotten one if you were going to use all of mine.” I laughed and snatched the bottle away from her, tucking it into my bag.

“Sorry but I’m broke.”

“You’re always broke.” Farrah laughed and Kallina nodded.

“I should probably get home, you guys.” I sighed and Farrah nodded. She turned on the engine and drove me home.

*         

“I’m back!” I called through the empty house. No response. I sighed and trudged up the stairs. As soon as I was in my room, I plopped down on my bed and sighed. I had another dream last night with him in it. The guy, the guy that had saved me, was always in my dreams. No matter what was happening he always showed up and made me feel comfortable. So I can’t really say it would be a nightmare, but more like a nightmare and dream mix.

            I didn’t understand why I was always dreaming about him or why he just popped up. But I knew it had to do with something. Something that really mattered. Or maybe I was just crazy and it wasn’t the same guy each time. I tilted my head and looked out the window. I needed to stop thinking about that stuff; it just messed with my mind and made me nuts.

            But really, I wonder if he is out there somewhere, waiting for me to find him and to take me away to live happily ever after. Oh, jeez. I needed to stop; but I couldn’t.

            My lips automatically formed ‘Liam’, just like they had in my dream. I whispered his name, “Liam.” Then louder, “Liam.” Once more, just a little louder, “Liam!”

“My name isn’t Liam.” I jumped and sat up, staring at my older brother.

“Daniel, what do you want?” I groaned, throwing a pillow at him.

“Well, when I heard you yelling Liam, I thought something was going on in here, if you catch my drift.” He raised his eyebrows and I kicked him. “But then I came in here and no one was with you so I was thinking that you were kinda going crazy and so I reminded you that Liam wasn’t my name.”

“Well, it’s neither so you can go now.” I stared at him expectantly.

“Are you sure, cause you are getting a little –

“Out.” I pointed towards the bedroom door, trying not to grin. I grinned anyway.

Daniel smirked. “Whatever Bay.” He left.

Liam’s POV

            She was buying perfume. At least that was what it looked like. I was standing kinda far away so I couldn’t be for sure, but that’s what I thought it was. I watched her laugh along with her friends as they waited in line to check out. I wanted to talk to her, but I couldn’t. It just wasn’t time; I didn’t know if that time would ever come though.

            One of her friends; the one with the empty hands; turned her head. She caught my eyes and I pretended to focus on what was in front of me. Of course, they were bras. My luck. Her friend had seen me stare at that beautiful girl. That wasn’t good. I ducked and made my way to the back of the lingere section and moved all the way around the store so I was looking at the girls from the opposite direction. I know, I could get in trouble for this; this was considered stalking, but I couldn’t care less. I needed to see this girl, Bay. She was the love of my life and I couldn’t interact with her. Couldn’t see her without spying, couldn’t talk to her or hold her unless I was in her dreams. It wasn’t fair. I loved her, but I was banned from seeing her.

            I saw Bay glance over to where I was and I dropped to the ground. I couldn’t let her see me, she would recognize me in an instant; I visited her dreams way to much.

            I had to get out of here. Sneaking to the edge of the store walls, I made my way to the very back and pushed my way into the employee room. There was an exit in here; somewhere. I looked down at the ground so no one would see me and slipped through the exit. I was greeted by the smell of weeks old trash. Pinching my nose, I ran to my car on the side of the building and unlocked it. Climbing in, I saw the three of them walk out, giggling and spraying their perfumes all over each other. I slumped in my seat, making sure I could see Bay over the dashboard. I heard her beautiful laugh over the top of theirs and I smiled to myself.

            They were coming too close to my car, so I started the engine and backed away. With one more glance at my sweetheart, I sighed and drove off. I wanted to be with her so badly. Her dreams weren’t enough; I need her all the time.