PACKS-I : ZEUS CENEUS PACK

GEOGRAPHY:
  The Zeus Ceneus Pack is located in the North-West of Equadorne. Pack territory comprises of vast stretches of sylvan land which then open up to an ilano - a wide champaign country. 

HISTORY:
   The former Alpha - David Baylor - is the son of the Alpha of the Concorde Pack. He found his mate while fighting the enemy, the Ripper Pack. His mate - and the Zeus Ceneus Pack's former Luna - Kelly Baylor - happened to be her ex-pack's best and most lethal fighter. Their matebond - shunned by their former packs - drove them to escape into freedom as rogues. They settled on the Zeus Ceneus Pack's current land - which then happened to be nothing but unkempt and overgrown wilderness - where David built a tiny cottage for his pregnant mate to stay and keep safe their developing child.
   Little did they know that soon, the power radiating and oozing out of their entities would lure many other rogues and unsatisfied pack members towards them. Soon, they had to give in and thus, they formulated the entire congregation into a pack - the Zeus Ceneus Pack. The name symbolizes justice, strength and valor : the foundation of their beliefs, as a whole.
   However, after almost a decade of their leadership, the Alpha and Luna started to slowly come undone. The fallout was the effect of the conspiracies of their old packs.
   Their one and only son, and the current Alpha of the Zeus Ceneus Pack - Rossen - was but a mere child of nine years' bloom. Unaware of the anticipated cracks in his future, he drifted off unto the forest for a brisk run. He had to stray from his usual route on hearing damped whimpers. Curious, he approached the soft - yet oozing of emotions - susurrus, to find a pup lying abandoned on the cold, hard ground. Something in him sparked, something protective. He picked the colt up gently and carried it home with the speed and fluidity of an arrow.
   Once home, he tried to beckon his parents to divert their gaze to his find but to no avail. His short absence had met more severity in his parent's approach towards each other. Screams, shouts and now, for the first time, profanities. Rossen could feel himself being strangled by the tense atmosphere.
   The young pup, that Rossen had lay on the kitchen table, as he came inside the Pack House, through the back door, now started wailing loudly. The wailing turned shriller with every loathing action of his parents until it started to sear Rossen's ears.
   For the second time in the day, he felt something snapping inside him. He needed to make it stop. He needed to make her stop. He needed to make them stop.
   Ross dropped down on his knees and gave in to his instincts. His wolf - Rossco - that only came out during runs - only when he'd allow him to do so - now broke through all walls of control involuntarily.
   December 18, 2002 -  Rossen took charge as Alpha of the Zeus Ceneus Pack with the loudest and most authoritative growl ever heard - that echoed not merely through the vast moorland that encroached the Pack House but reverberated and somersaulted towards his parent's former packs; the other packs that were scattered here and there; the runaway rouges that dwelled within the lone darkness of the forests; the vampire castles that stood ye high and mighty; right to the bench of the Order causing even the Alpha of the Alphas, Ezra Wilde, to twitch noticeably.
   His ferocious ululation forced even his parents to bow down before him. Rossen, nine meagre years old, jolted back to reality, seeing his parents like that and immediately switched positions with his wolf Rossco. He stood baffled at what had just happened. Unsure of any thing that had just happened, and embarrassed by the situation he had put his parents in, he quickly tried apologizing and begged his father to take the reins, but of course, David denied.
   David knew there was no point in denying an Alpha. He told his son that the power was his to keep and he had to accept it, whether he wanted to or not. He also understood that the dark, young toddler - who had shifted back from her earlier pup form - would hold a great importance in their lives. Rossen had an unexplainable affinity towards her. He felt protective of her. Her intensifying wails had triggered this response from him. He knew better than to intrude. Indeed, he knew better.
    That day, Rossen made a vow that he'd never let this slip past him again, ever. He'd never drive his parents - nor anyone else - to the wall.

    Needless to say, he didn't. To date, he is the single most lenient and strongest Alpha anyone has ever seen. He has broken all the rituals and customs to make sure he keeps his pack and people happy.

POPULATION:
   The pack, despite being the strongest pack alive, does not contain a great number. The fact being that the new Alpha, Alpha Ross, did not consent to the 'bigger is better' rule. According to what he learnt from his one and only little sister, Susan Baylor, 'bigger is louder' - louder being the fights and the hateful thoughts and conspiracies. Thus, he agreed on a smaller, but skillful, pack : a pack of a mere were-population of 96. His pack nurtures the rogues that were either forced to runaway or abandoned.
   Any rogues were welcome to dwell in his territory as long as they consented to abstain from any kind of dispute and ill-manner. They had an open choice of joining the pack if they wanted - regardless of their pasts and baggage - if they truly promised to change their ways for good. They also had the privilege to leave the pack, as long as they didn't play snitch or conspire against the pack or tried to hurt anyone - in any way - in his territory.

HERITAGE:
   The Baylors are basically French. David and Kelly fled from their packs for the survival of their matebond. The former Alpha and Luna, David and Kelly Baylor gave birth to their only son, Rossen Alexander Baylor, a year after their flee. Rossen, nick-named Ross, was the only extension to their bloodline.

INATTENDUE:
   Nine years later, Ross made an addition to their family and pack, by bringing in an abandoned baby-wolf. She happened to come from an African bloodline. Blood or not, she was part of their famille. 
   However, they did not know much about the new pup. They did not know what she was capable of. They knew what they saw, and what they saw was a beautiful face with angelic sea-grean eyes that were as deep as the ocean itself; her skin smooth as velvet and rich as the purest chocolate; her hair that was wild and free just like her spirit; no one could deny her innocent beauty.
   With time, though, her free nature began to fade until it dwindled unto oblivion. She became quiet and much reserved, to the Baylor's dismay. She'd only talk to them - yet with an invisible but existent filter. However, with the rest of the pack, she'd only stay back and observe them from a distance. Even in a packed room, she'd stay either in a dark, lone  corner or cling to her brother's leg - being a little above 2 feet her height allowed her only that.
   With every passing year she became physically weaker: she wasn't underweight but she was slowly losing her wolf. Finally on her eighth birthday, she discovered - alongwith the rest of her family - that she could no longer shift. However, she avoided the grim subject soon after, as if it was a negligible grain of sand that had somehow disappeared from her hourglass. Little did she know, every grain counts.

HIERARCHY:
   Alpha Rossen chose his two best friends, Jason and Jacob, as his Beta and Third-in-Command, respectively. Aside from them, everyone in the pack knew how to fight, or atleast defend themselves. The best female fighter in the pack, Alyson, was also allowed to give orders if they coincided with her Alpha's line of thought - a privilege that came with being the Alpha's girlfriend. However, this was a position, she knew, that won't last with her long, as she was merely a girlfriend, not the Luna.

ALLIES:
   The Zeus Ceneus Pack has many allies - mainly because this pack jas never itself been the cause of any dispute or has tried to manipulate or attack other packs. A few allies are Nyx, Clio, Shadow, Paas, Kramer, Depth, Trigger, Dark and Plutonne. Other then these few packs and many others, this pack has also been able to befriend other creatures - even the prophesied enemies like the Vampire Clan. However, this particular latter relationship is owed to the roles of the former Alpha and Luna, rather than the current Alpha Ross.