Chapter 15: Percy

Heyy nerds ;)

I'm so proud of myself for the longer chapters yasss

Guys, if you search "son of chaos" I'm the last one on the fifth page :)

It's sad, but I'm happy alright?

-C, the person who really needs more of a social life

Chapter 15: Percy

Annabeth walked away smirking, her blonde hair swinging back and forth as she headed to the Athena cabin.

"Dinner's at 7, by the way. We can talk about war plans after eating," she shouted over her shoulder.

I knew the others were watching me stare at her, but I didn't care. I kept watching her, until a hand clapped onto my shoulder. I turned to find myself looking into the smirking face of Luke Castellan.

"Dude, you've got it bad," he laughed, "I thought you said you got over her years ago." I scowled at him and shoved his hand off my shoulder.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Luke. And put your hood back on. Someone might see." He rolled his eyes.

"Perce, no one's here. We can take off the hoods, everyone's busy training. These stupid cloaks are smothering me. We'll be fine."

I sighed and took a quick look around. Seeing that no one was here, I slid my hood down too. Luke was right about one thing. These hoods were like being in one of Hephaestus' forges. The others pulled down their hoods as well. Beckendorf walked up to me and punched me in the arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" I rubbed the area where he hit me, while Beckendorf just snorted.

"That didn't hurt and you know it. What's up with giving Annabeth the cold shoulder, huh? Thought you would be happy to see her after five years." I shrugged him off and began to set up my camp.

"It's complicated, Beckendorf. We're here for a reason. We're at war. I can't get distracted. Besides, if I get too close to her, she's in even more trouble. She's better off without me."

Beckendorf sighed and helped me pitch my tent.

"Percy, no offense, but you're an idiot. You don't have to be all cold to Annabeth. And being at war doesn't change anything. In fact, you should be even more like a friend. Annabeth's got a lot on her shoulders, man. So what if she talks back? You were kinda mean to her at breakfast, dude." I looked at him like he grew another head.

"Beckendorf, she almost skewered me when she first saw me. That wasn't exactly the greeting I expected. Sorry if that made me a little mad, but if anything, I'm the victim." He laughed.

"Percy, she could've pulled down your hood and shaved her initials into your head and you still wouldn't be mad at her. I don't know what your problem is, but you better figure it out."

I shook my head and kept working on my tent. Honestly, I don't know what my problem is. Seeing her makes everything weird. When she asked me if I was Percy at breakfast, I wanted so badly to tell her who I was. But instead, I disarmed her and threatened her. When she volunteered to go with me to the infirmary, I wanted to say yes.

But then I saw that look on her face.

It was like we were 12 again, and I was just that scrawny, little demigod. She just looked so strong, and confident. Like I never even left.

And something just snapped inside me. I'm supposed to be a hero now. I've gotten stronger and more powerful. I'm the freaking son of Chaos. I'm supposed to be terrifying, right? If it wasn't her, if it was just some random demigod standing up to me, than I would've squashed them like a bug. I need people to respect me. I shouldn't treat her different. It's been five years. Time to god up, and move on, Percy.

I groaned internally. Everything's so messed up. I stood up and looked around me. Luke and Zoe were laughing together, jabbing each other in the arm. Silena and Beckendorf were giving each other that love sick look, and smiling. She whispered something in his ear and he just started grinning.

Ew.

And Bianca was just looking down towards the cabins. Following her stare, I saw a scrawny, dark haired boy. He had a pure black sword swinging at his side, and he wore a black aviator jacket that looked like it was swallowing him.

Nico.

It just dawned on me that Bianca was going through the same thing I was. Wanting so desperately to reveal who she was, but knowing she couldn't. It probably killed her as much as it was killing me.

I walked over to her and slung my arm over her shoulders. She looked surprised, but didn't say anything. She went back to staring at Nico, and I felt Bianca's shoulders slump a little. It hurt to see her this way. Bianca's like my little sister. I hate to see her like this.

"You know you can still talk to him right? It's not like you have to shun him." Bianca turned toward me, knowing who I was talking about.

"Percy, it's hard. I just know that I'll tell him everything if I start to talk to him. He's my brother. I haven't seen him in years, and now... Every time I look at him, everything comes rushing back. The guilt I felt when I left him, the anger I felt at myself for taking that stupid Hades statue. I just don't want to hurt him again." I struggled trying to find the right thing to say.

"Well, you won't hurt him if you just start over." The words tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop it. Bianca looked at me weird, like I grew wings and started slapping myself with them.

Actually, that'd be pretty funny. Whatever.

"What?"

"Well, if you just start over with him, he won't get hurt and you get to talk with Nico again."

"Percy, I have no idea what you're talking about."

I wasn't really sure either. But it sounded right.

"Bianca, what I'm trying to say is..." I struggled to find the right words, "is that we can start over. We finally get to see the people we care about again. And, sure, we can't tell them who we are, but we can still talk to them. Just because Nico doesn't know who you are, it shouldn't affect how you treat him. You can still be his big sister and become his friend." She smiled at me and tackled me in a hug.

"Percy, that may just be the smartest thing you've ever said to me." Bianca laughed and let go of me.

"And I think you should take your own advice. Annabeth seems pretty stressed out right now, and she could use a friend."

I looked at Bianca. Like really looked at her. She looked so much older than when I first saw her, back when I was 13. I remember how scared and confused she was, and how young Nico was. I guess I was really young, though, too. I was scared out of my mind, worrying about Annabeth 24/7. When I finally got her back, I didn't want to let go of her.

I still don't want to let go of her.

I looked at Bianca and smiled.

"Yeah, I guess you're right Bianca."