Chapter 10- The Perfect Night part four ~Ending~

Helloooo :)

Don't have much to say, other than, THIS STORY IS ENDING SOON! <3

ENJOY!
This chapter is dedicated to falling4angels for helping me out immensely with her constant, sweet comments. You are so kind, and I can't thank you enough for truly helping me out here.

ALL MY READERS ARE AMAZING.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jazz's POV:

My arms were around another person. At this point, I was already too tired to even check who it was. My arms just tightened even more, and I sleepily opened my eyes. The music played softly in the background, and we just swayed back and forth, back and forth. It was a good thing I woke.

Because if I had drifted off, I never would have noticed Ace.

A small frown started to crease my forehead, as I noticed a black-haired boy walking confidently towards the center of the floor. Suddenly, I jerked backwards, suddenly alert. The person who was embracing me slid his hands gently around my waist.

"Jazz. Jazz? What's wrong?" Wolf said in his deep voice. Even if it was dark in the room, I knew he could see the blush rise in my cheeks. I had forgotten it was him who had been with me all night long. His dark skin was the color of his eyes, deep and penetrating. They were masked by concern.

All I could do was whisper.

"Ace. What is he doing here?"

-------------------------

Jazz's POV:

Sure enough, Wolf turned around, and spotted Ace.

He immediately rolled his eyes. From that single gesture, I knew Ace was up to something.

As the music finally ended with a flourish, I realized it was time to dance with another person. I watched as Wolf gave me one long, last look, before turning to a pretty brunette with a wide smile.

In his eyes, I knew that he had no idea. Sure, he was one of Ace's friends, but even he couldn't predict Ace's next move.

A tall dark-haired boy came into plain sight, taking me completely by surprise, as the next song started. His alarming blue eyes stood out from the black background, making his pale face seem slightly ghostly.

"Hello, Jazz," Ace remarks, making my skin tingle as he set his arms lightly around me.

"ACE!" I whisper-yell. I am trying not to seem bewildered, but he could see straight through me. I am sooo confused. Why is he here!? That idiot ditched Tess at the last minute, claiming "he wasn't that type of person" to dance at a school dance. And yet, here he was.

And he was quite a good dancer, actually.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything bad." Ace laughs quietly. Something churns at the bottom of my stomach. Uneasiness.

His cool hands wipe away the brown hair that is covering my eyes and a warmth rises on my cheeks, but it was nothing close to what Wolf makes me feel. I felt vulnerable, exposed.

Oh gods, Jazz, even Ace can make you blush!!

Ugh, I'm so weak to hot bad boys.

It has to be the smile. Or maybe the eyes? No, the hair. Definitely the hair.

A derisive smile plays on his lips, and I could already tell me was about to laugh at me. I hate feeling stupid. "Oh Jazz...you didn't actually think--"

"What the hell are you doing here?" I say sharply, before he could insult me. My bluntness takes even me by surprise. Ace seems slightly amused.

"You'll see."

The song ends with a long, low note extends forever, and he locks eyes with me in that moment. Then, in an instant, his stormy blue eyes are gone.

And now, I'm starting to feel a little on edge.

-----

Tess' POV:

"May I?" A low voice interrupts behind me.

I gladly throw my arms around him, grateful to be away from whoever it had been until now.

The boy before...well, he smelled bad.

That was my excuse.

However, this one smelled strong, and I inhaled the strong scent of mint. His soft cool breaths almost comforted me. He wore a black masquerade mask, clipped around his handsome feautures. He had high cheek bones, and soft pink lips. But I could hardly tell anything besides those two feautures, it was so dark.

His pink lips twisted into a smile, as if he had been watching me...smell him.

Well, damn.

*****

I had been dancing with a random man for a while, and I couldn't deny the unbelievable sense of joy I felt with his arms around me. We shifted from side to side, and I let this man lead the dance. There was a certain, undeniable heat in my heart. I couldn't exactly identify it. Excitement? Nervousness? I couldn't exactly place my finger on it, but it made me feel tingly inside.

A shiver ran up and down my spine.

It reminded me of the time Ace had slid his arms around my waist. That fleeting moment when both of us had felt the electricity, but chose to ignore it.

I had chosen to ignore the feelings that came when Ace was around, until now.

His beautiful dark eyes came into vision.

Great, now I was hallucinating! But no, he was actually in front of me.

Ace was in my arms.

********

Tess' POV:

"Ace." The word is a whisper, as I stare into his blue, almost black eyes.

"Tess." He smiles. But this time, I know he actually means it. It's not just another one of those boyish smiles, this one is real.

"I..." I start.

He raises an eyebrow.

"I broke up with Damien." The sentence is all in one rush, as if I'm struggling to get it out. And then I realize I am.

All this time, I had been imprisoned by the restraints Damien had on me. And now, I feel as if the shackles have loosened significantly.

"I know." He reassures me, and brushes away a stray lock of blonde hair. His fingers linger on my skin, and I realize how close he is to me.

So close I could feel his breaths.

I could smell his strong cologne.

I could kiss him.

But instead, I stare at him, confused. He's never done anything like this before. And everytime he did try to get close to me, I would push him farther away. But now, as his hand comes up to my chin and as he touches me every so slightly while his fingers brushed lightly over my lips, I knew he felt the same way.

I have never seen this side of Ace. And I love it.

"Tess?"

I remain motionless, as if I know what will happen next.

The music slows in a a beautiful swirl of sounds, gradually coming to an end.

"I love you."

The shackles have broken.

I am free.

---------

Hope you enjoyed that! Tell me how it was, please!! <3

OHMIGOSH GUYS. THERE'S ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER, (WHICH IS GOING TO BE SUPER DUPER SHORT) AND THEN I'M DONE.