1

"Thanks , Amelia! You hook me up every time girl!" My happy customer , Brandie , said flipping her curly Brazilian sew in.

        "No problem babes." I said half heatedly fixing the strands of hair she messed up flipping it. Truth is I love my profession with all of my heart but sometimes it gets lonely.Even my baby sister , Janice , Is married and expecting twins. I'm only 2 years older than her. Her being 20 and me being 22. Since I'm the oldest needless to say my parents were slightly disappointed she was first. Even though they didn't say it. You could clearly see the disappointment hidden within them. I glanced up at the mirror while unplugging the flat iron. I am a very beautiful dark skin if I do say so myself. I stand at a cute 5'0 with waist length hair. I cant say I had a Kim Kardashian body but I think my body is banging and so do my friends. She passed me two hundred and forty dollars in cash before making her way out of my salon. 

        I slowly but surely finished packing all of my things away back under my cabinets under my mirror by my chair. I locked up the shop seeing that I was the only person who had a client scheduled for today. I hopped in my 2012 all white Charger. I know its a little old but I love my baby Lucy. I drove home silently letting my Jhene Akio CD play in the background. I quickly remember on my way home I needed to stop by the house to pick up a few more essentials that I ran out of.

        I pulled up to the Kroger close to my house and made my way into the store.I walked down a few isles looking for the paper towels.When I finally found the paper towels there were placed on the highest shelf , just my luck.I did the little short girl jump and reach with no success.I felt a presence behind me pick up the paper towels and hand them to me.I mumbled a shy thank you before looking up to meet a pair of light brown eyes.

"Hello beautiful." He said with a very strong New Orleans accent. I gave him a cute smile of mine and replied.

"Hey , thanks again." I spoke softly referring to the paper towels.

"No problem beautiful. You know this would be a lot easier if you would tell me your name."He said flashing me a very stunning smile.

"My bad I'm Amelia and you are?" I said smiling holding out my freshly manicured hand for him to shake.

"August. You do have a really pretty name by the way." August smiled back at me my while shaking my hand.

"Thank you. Well i'm going to take off before it gets late."I said politely trying to excuse myself from the conversation.

"Okay, I was just wondering if I could take you out for lunch sometime.But i'm going to need your phone number for that."He said slyly making me laugh in response.We swapped phones and saved each other numbers in them.He said bye before walking off to get whatever he came in for. I checked out and got into my car and drove about 12 more minutes until I reached my house.

        I took a nice long shower and slipped on some yoga pants and a sports bra before heading into my kitchen to make something simple to eat , I decided on a quick salad. After I finished eating I heard my phone make a noise inside of my purse. I fished it out and smirked at the name across the screen.

Big daddy august(with the eggplant and water emoji): Did you make it home okay?

Amelia(with the kissy face emoji): Yes "big daddy august" lmao!

Big daddy august: I see you have taken well to my contact name lol 

Amelia: Lmao I love laughing and playing so i think were going to get along just fine.

Big daddy august: I think so 2. well its already 10:30 ima let you go to sleep beautiful. Goodnight Amelia :*

I smiled at the phone before sending a quick reply

Amelia: Goodnight August :* .

I put up my dish and the extra salad left over before heading upstairs and into my bedroom.I clicked on my TV before laying down in my bed turning on 'Empire' while i dozed off into a peaceful slumber.

        I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blasting Miguel 'Adorn you'.  I turned it off and slowly sat up in my bed. I'm far from a morning person unlike my sister , Janice was entirely to happy in the morning for me. I  unlocked my phone and checked to confirm all the appointments that where made for me today. Since its Sunday and no one really goes to get there hair done. I have only 2 clients a mother and a daughter and they only want a wash and style which should only take 3 hours for both of them.I checked my messages and the mother texted me a hour ago saying she would be at least 25 minutes late which is fine by me gives me time to chill and sleep some more seeing it was only 11:20 and there appointment wasn't until 1:00. I looked through my messages and smiled when I saw August text me.

Big daddy August: Good morning beautiful :)

Amelia: Good morning August :* 

I locked my phone and took a quick shower since I had already took one last night.I did the rest of my hygiene routine before slipping on a cute hot pink sundress and sandals with gold accessories. I put my wet curly hair into a neat bun. I glanced at the time as I picked up my phone. 

"12:30 I made good time." I said to myself smirking.

I took a few selfies for my Instagram and only post two with the captions "Just something to post (kissy face emoji) and "I can't help if I'm where yo nigga would love to be (smirking emoji with a heart). After I was done I received a phone call from August.

"Hello." I said happily into the phone which im sure he could hear in my voice.

"Hey Amelia." He spoke deeply into the phone i could hear music in the background. I wonder where he was.

"Whats up?" I asked curiously wondering why he would call.

"I was wondering if you weren't to busy I could take you out to lunch?" August spoke shyly as if he was afraid to ask. I softly smiled at his shyness before replying.

"I have to do someones hair in a few but after i'm done I would love to join you out to lunch." I said while picking up my purse and keys to my car.

"Sounds like a date." He said with a smile evident in his voice.

"Alright ill call you once I'm done." I locked up the house while walking out to my car holding the phone to my ear.

"Alright bye beautiful." I said goodbye back before we hung up.

Authors note: Well this was the first chapter IT GETS BETTER I PROMISE !!