Chapter 6

"I don't think I want to find out if you can drive or not..." Ginny said, rubbing the back of her neck and grinning sheepishly. She cleared her throat and looked at me. "So what was the highest rank again?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "Or the whole thing together?"

"Alpha Beta Omega Gamma Delta Psi," May replied. She sniffled and wiped her eyes while she pouted. "But you don't know if I can drive or not," she said. "Why would you believe them when they could be lying to you?"

"For one, we've been through it," I said. I gave her a pointed look, and she grinned. "Remember, I wanted to go with you somewhere, and the men were like 'no, don't go with her. You'll poop your pants.'"

May laughed and nodded. "And you did." She wiped a fake tear from her eye and nodded again. "Oh, it was the funniest thing ever, especially when Charlie had to take you to the bathroom so that you could change."

Jayden snorted, amused. "Why didn't you tell me that story?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. Amusement filled his eyes while he studied me.

"You would've told everyone," I replied. I shrugged and looked at Ginny, who was looking at me, amused. "The main takeaway is not to go with her. If there are a couple of people driving, then go with anyone but her."

"Uh, rude," May said, pouting. She folded her arms across her chest and lifted her head until her nose was up in the air. "And here I was coming to see you."

My heart sunk, and the thought of my sister being killed or injured filled my body with dread. My breathing became slightly labored, and it took all of my self-control not to grab May by the shoulders and shake her until she told me was wrong.

Sergio slapped May across the back of her head and scowled. He narrowed his eyes when she looked at him and scowled, narrowing her eyes first. "Seriously?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "You just sent his mind ablaze with the worst news ever." He looked at me. "Your sister is safe. We're here for Cass and other business that we had to attend to." He glanced at Ginny and Seraphina before he looked back at me. "Is your cousin in?"

I let out the air that I was holding and nodded, relieved. I knew that he wasn't going to say where my sister was, especially since we were in the presence of three other people that didn't have ties with the Guardsmen. "She is in the house."

"Is this to do with my pack lands?" Seraphina asked. She looked at Sergio and then at May before she looked at Sergio. "If so, I would like to know, please."

Sergio smiled and shook his head. "Can't say," he replied. "This isn't anything that concerns you and is primarily the Guardsmen business. You have no ties with them."

"But this is for my pack," she pressed. She narrowed her eyes and scowled before she took a threatening step forward toward Sergio and May, and they both held their grounds. "What news do you bring?"

"Not for you, Sweetheart," May said. She narrowed her eyes and bared her teeth, and my wolf stirred and growled in annoyance. "I don't even know why you are here except for you being a guest."

"She's my mate, too," I said, hoping that I could diffuse the situation before things become worse. I cleared my throat and shifted on my feet. "Seraphina is my mate, and Ginny is Jayden's."

May's reaction did a 360, and she squealed, which had me closing my ears because of her high pitched voice. "Awwwwww," she squealed, jumping up and down excitedly. "Baby TJ has a mate."

I scowled and rolled my eyes. "Haha, very funny," I scolded, and she squealed again. "Can you stop squealing?" I asked. "You sound like a pig." I looked at my mate and saw her staring at the pink haired female in shock and awe. "You're scaring her." I turned back to look at her.

May stopped jumping up and down and shrugged. "Eh, she'll live," she replied. She cleared her throat, her grin becoming wider. "What does Cass have to say?"

I shrugged and gave her a weird look, not knowing if I trusted her with this information and Cass. "I think she is fine with it," I replied. I narrowed my eyes at her and scowled. "Why?"

May shrugged. "That's for me to know and you to never know," she replied, and my scowl deepened. Her grin grew wider, and amusement filled her eyes. "So what is your last name?" she asked, looking at Seraphina.

"Why?" Seraphina asked, and May shrugged again.

"Why not?"

"Y- oof." Sergio winced when May jabbed him in the side. He grabbed his side and groaned, moving forward. "Seriously?" he asked.

"Yes," May replied. She nodded. "You were a doofus." She cleared her throat and winced. "Well, we have to get going. We have been told to move our asses by Cass."

"Cass the ass," Sergio grumbled. He rubbed his ear and scowled while he shook his head. "That is her nickname."

"Cass the ass who fishes for bass," Jayden said. He grinned and nodded. "Sounds about right."

I didn't reply and rolled my eyes. A scowl appeared on my face, earning a snort from the other three.

"Hey, admit it, you like it when we make random things about Cass," Jayden teased. He nudged me in the ribs, and I again rolled my eyes. "You have done your fair share of them."

"I know," I replied. I shrugged and bit back a scowl. "But now is not the time. May and Sergio have to go see Cass before she kicks their asses." I winked, and Jayden grinned while the two Guardsmen's faces grew pale.

"Ya... we should probably go," Sergio said. He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck. "It was nice meeting you two." He and May bolted to the house as if someone lit a fire at their feet, and the only way they could get away from it was to run.

Ginny stared in awe in the direction they had gone and blinked. Confusion filled her eyes and was written all over her face. "What was that about?" Ginny asked, turning her gaze and looked at me. She cocked her head and studied me. "Why did they run?"

I shrugged and gestured for them to follow me toward their house. "Cass," I replied. "I think that she had laughed evilly when I said that she would kick their asses and then said "damn straight.""

"How?" Ginny asked, following me. "How do you know that is what she said?"

I smiled and dipped my head slightly while Jayden snorted and nodded in agreement. "Because it is the Cass thing to say."