Chapter 6

Jase stood behind me, both hands clenching my shirt between his fingers in fear as I opened the door. Who I assume are Marcus and Allison are standing there, Allison back slightly more, and Marcus up front.

Marcus is dressed in a brown shirt and jeans, and Allison is dressed just as plainly. Allison's blue eyes jump to mine and she smiles before I can say anything.

"Hi," she said, no lisp or stutter in her voice. "I'm Allison. You must be Master Blair."

I nodded, still a bit shocked, and Marcus smiled softly.

"I'm Marcus. Nice to meet you." I nod my head and shake his hand in return, nervous. These people will understand Jase better than I do... they know him more than his own Master and they haven't even met him yet. I feel a little bit sick, but I stand aside and let them through and then lead them to the living room, sitting across from them on the couches. Jase is still hanging onto my shirt, wide-eyed, looking a bit panicked.

"Jase, this is Allison," i motion to the blonde, "and Marcus," I gesture towards him as well and both of them watch Jase carefully with a sadness in their eyes that I can't understand. Jase stares at them both but doesn't inch away from me, still clinging.

"Jase," Allison said his name gently, like he were a wild animal she needed to be careful around. "You're from the Market, right?"

Jase went rigid but nodded and silently crawled into my lap, tucking himself into a ball against me. I looked down at him in surprise but said nothing. Mark grinned.

"Which division?" Asked Allison, and Jase winced but peeked at her.

"Twenty-fourth division ma'am," he whispered, and she winced a little bit.

"I'm not ma'am Jase. Just Allison. Okay?" He nodded and she sat back a little bit.

"Jase," Marcus spoke up. "I think your Master is worried about you. Do you mind if we talk to him?"

Jase's eyes widened at being asked permission for something and I hugged him tightly to my chest. He nodded slowly, never saying a word.

"Thank you. Master Blair-" I cut him off.

"Dominick is fine, thank you," I said firmly, and he nodded but Jase jumped a little and I realized he hadn't known my first name.

"Dominick, you seem concerned."

I nodded and adjusted Jase so he was against my side, then wrapped a blanket around his shivering form.

"I am concerned, with good reason. He's traumatized and I worry he won't heal."

Allison sighed and stared at me hard.

"Of course he's traumatized. He needs food, water, a bed and someone to love him. He needs to learn the difference between a reward and a punishment, and when he's punished he needs to know why. He needs to be taught safewords and limits and he needs to learn that he doesn't have to hide." She was looking at me with piercing blue eyes. "And it's your job to give him that."

"Believe me, I have no intention of letting any of those matters slip from my grasp. I'm doing my best."

Marcus looked at me sympathetically and then back to Jase.

"You're too thin, honey. You need to eat." He said gently, and Jase immediately shook his head.

"Eat makes me feel bad," he whispered, and Marcus nodded understandingly.

"I know. But you have to anyways. Eventually the food will make you feel better." Jase looked at him disbelievingly but Marcus just laughed gently. "I promise."