The Coach

I started Carmel and I was wearing jeans and a nice top that I had bought recently. I got to my locker where I had put pictures of Jesse that I took yesterday. One of us both together. I had drawn hearts around them and also roses with fake led candles. I had the top shelf for my books as I wanted this bit to be perfect. The bell rang and I had went to class after class until lunch and there was no sign of Jesse. I got food and sat with some of Whom at least I thought was Jesse's friends. I asked them where he was but they hadn't seen him either. I was given a poster folded over in my locker. I opened it and saw auditions for vocal adrenaline which was after school.

So I went to the rest of the classes and then headed to the auditorium where Jesse sat at a table with pens, paper and a clipboard. He had a photo frame with a picture of us. I wanted to cry at how beautiful that was but he caught me by surprise. "I see a certain Beautiful young lady got my poster then." He said while still facing the stage and not at me. "Yes sir." I smiled trying to hold in the laughter. "I may be a coach or teacher but to you I'm baby or Jesse." He smirked and turned around grabbing me to hug me in tightly. This all made sense why I didn't see him all day. "I don't think you need to try out but you can help me decide on these people if you want?" He smiled. "No I'm going to try out or it won't be fair." I smiled back before heading down to the stage.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Before I started to sing a love song to him on the stage. "It's a little bit funny
This feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can
Easily hide
I don't have much money
But boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where
We both could live.
So excuse me forgetting
But these things I do
See I've forgotten if
They're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is,
What I really mean,
Yours are the sweetest eyes
I've ever seen
And you can tell everybody
This is your song
It maybe quite simple but
Now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is
Now you're in the world"

He stood up clapping and crying throwing a rose down at my feet. "Beautiful." He smiled wiping away the tears before I walked up the stairs and sat on his lap hugging into him. He kissed me then sat me on the seat next to him. A few people came and gone with their auditions.

Then after that was practice. We all stood on the stage facing forwards. I looked around the room and people were in tears with fear. I didn't understand why as Jesse seemed the sweetest thing but obviously when he started shouting at everyone this was not the case....

We all started singing and dancing to a song that Jesse put on that they had originally prepared the day before and I picked it up quite quickly but half way through he stopped us all. "That was the worse thing I've ever seen!!" He looked down on all of us. "You all did this bit wrong!" He shown us. Then he came over and kissed my cheek."Except you baby girl." I blushed. "All take five. Drink a red bull." Then everyone with shoulders slouched walked out.

"So I know I was harsh but I have to be in able to get us to nationals." He smiled. "Baby I can't stay at this school..." I bit my lip. "Wait why?" He looked confused. "You're not there during classes. The way they look at me... I have to go to McKinley." I look at him rubbing the back of my head. "Okay well I will come visit everyday and we'll hang out okay?" He smiled kissing my head sounding a bit disappointed then he kissed me handing me my rose as I walked out.

I was crying a little. But then I got in a taxi and was driven to McKinley where their New Directions were singing and dancing in their hall. I sat down in the corner. I sighed a little wiping my tears away.

My uncle walked up to me and hugged me. "What's wrong?" He asked me taking my hand. "Just Carmel was bad." I sighed once again. "Well you're home now." He smiled as I hugged him back.

I thought I saw Jesse at the doorway holding another Rose before Rachel grabbed him and dragged him out the room. But then when I looked back Rachel was at the piano.