17

Chapter Seventeen| Eden

"What is this, Lia?" I whisper and look at her in shock.

"This odd dude came in earlier on today. He told me you knew someone that is a threat to society." I bite my lip and shake my head in denial. "Eden, I don't think Theodore is being honest with you."

"He's not a threat, Lia." I say in confidence. "He's fucking harmless!" I grip my hair in frustration.

"Eden, you're holding a wanted posted with Theo's face on it!" Lia grabs my shoulders and shakes me gently. "He's a criminal!"

"No he's not!" I feel my eyes start to water. "He's my gentle giant, Lia, he wouldn't hurt a fly." I whisper and furrow my eyebrows. I wipe my eyes and compose myself. "This man. What did he look like?"

"Old, salt and pepper hair. Really creepy, like I got weird scientist vibes from him." I freeze.

"Lia, I need to tell you something." She nods her head and I continue. "Theo, he really isn't normal like us. He was taken as a baby and used as an experiment." Her eyes widen and she crosses her arms over her chest.

"That explains his crazy muscles and height." She whispers and I roll my eyes.

"His eyes aren't brown, they are red. I make him wear contacts in public." She gasps and picks up the black and white image of his face. "I think the man that came here was the same man I saw when we went for lunch a couple weeks ago. He kept staring at me and then he just left."

"So he's come back for Theo." She furrows her eyebrows. "But how does he know where you work, Eden? If he knows where you work....."

"He knows where I live!" I finish her sentence and run out of the shop, to my car.

I know I've definitely broken the speed limits because I get home in half the time it usually takes me.

"Theo?!" I yell as I rush through the front door. The house is covered in darkness. "Theo?!"

"You've become quite fond of Theodore." I jump in shock when the lamp is turned on and the salt and pepper haired man comes in to view. He is sat at my dining table, a small smile on his face.

"Where's Theo?!"

"He wasn't here when I arrived." He casually shrugs and I frown. "I'm not here to hurt you or Theodore . I'm here to warn you, Eden."

"How do you know so much about me?" He laughs lightly.

"I have my ways. I'm a smart man." He leans forward. "My name is Professor Oliver."

"So you hurt my Theo." I accuse, crossing my arms over my chest. He smiles and shakes his head.

"No, the opposite. You could say I was more of a father figure to him." What?!

"He's never mentioned you." I frown.

"Probably because he feels like I betrayed him, sided with the bad people."

"The wanted poster?" I swallow.

"Theodore is indeed a wanted man but don't worry, these posters are not scattered all over the place, not yet at least." He mumbles the last part. "A certain man is looking for him, Eden, and it is not going to be pretty when he does find him."

"For who?" I walk over slowly and sit across from him.

"For anyone. No-one knows what Theodore is capable of, not even himself." I feel my heart start to race as he continues to speak. "When Theodore escaped that night, he left a lot of destruction behind him, he injured over one hundred of our men alone." I gasp.

"This man that wants Theo, can you not help and do something about it? Stop him from getting to him?" He sighs and shakes his head.

"Miss Rose, I am a dead man as it is. I helped Theodore escape that night, I'm on the run myself." I bite my lip and look away in deep thought. "You're not safe with him, you'll get yourself killed."

"I am safe with him!" I protest. "I'm his safe haven, I won't let anyone hurt him. Who is this man?"

"Professor Richards."

"One man, he was called Professor Richards, he hurt me a lot."

"He kept putting needles in my skin, it hurt, small."

"Theo has told me a little bit about him." I whisper and I look up at Professor Oliver. "If you were able to find me, how hasn't he found us yet?"

"The only thing he knows is violence. It will be a while before he finds Theo but I needed to let you know, so you're ready." I nod my head.

"Theo didn't deserve what happened to him, he was ripped away from having a childhood, having loving memories." I pointed out.

"Eden, you need to be careful with Theo. There's a high chance he could self destruct at any moment. Something will trigger him and no-one, not even you, will be prepared." I feel my eyes start to water at the information he is telling me.

"What will Professor Richards do if he finds Theo?"

"Theodore will be killed."

•••

"Where the fuck have you been?! You weren't answering my calls!" I yell at Theo as he walks through the door, staring at me with wide, shocked eyes.

"I-I went for a walk." He rushes over to me and panics when he sees my tear stained face. "What's wrong, small?"

"Professor Oliver." I simply say and feel him freeze against me. "He was here, he said that Professor Richards is coming for you Theo." I throw my arms up in frustration. "He said you're a threat to society."

Theo steps back, like I've just burnt him. "You think I will hurt you. Don't you?" He whispers, his voice filled with hurt.

"No. But Professor Oliver said you don't know what you're capable of and that you could self destruct." He begins to shake his head and clench his hair. "You're not safe here."

"I'm safe with you, small! You said I'm safe here!" He yells, his face turning red and I take a small step away from him. I watch his face fall at my movement. "You're scared."

"No." I shake my head.

"Why did you step back then?" He whispers.

"I don't know." I whisper back and he bites the inside of his cheeks. "Theo, I don't want anyone to hurt you." I decide to walk up to him and reach up to rest my hand on his cheek.

"No-one can hurt me when I'm with you." He smiled gently. "Please know, I will never hurt you." He pleads with me and I slowly nod my head.

"Together, forever." I smile and he leans down to place a small kiss on my lips. "I don't want him to kill you, Theo." I whimper, letting my emotions take over my body. "Please don't die." I wrap my arms tightly around his waist.

"I...won't." He hesitates and I pull away.

"Promise me."

He sighs. "I promise."

"Now you need to tell me more about what happened to you." I lead him over to the sofa and smile at him.

"Okay, but you won't like it."

A/N
Why did you guys think?💗