Jareth(10)

A week and a half passed since the dinner, when the Mardins were revealed to be two Goblin warriors previously thought to be dead. Alexicai and Saranda Mardinson were truly alive and well, and played gracious hosts to their king, though they preferred to stick to their human names. Much to the displeasure of the afore mentioned monarch, they refused to call him anything but royal titles.

During his stay, the Jareth has learned to do various household and outdoor chores, such as mending the stone barriers around the garden, cleaning gutters and changing air filters. He didn't know how many of these newly acquired skills he'd use back home, but he was willing to earn his keep in the home.

He'd, also, spent much of his time with Theodora, watching her at her practice-golf was quite a strange and difficult sport, Jareth had come to conclude-and she'd come to the house, again, for dinner on Sunday. This time ran a bit more smoothly. The two talked for hours at a time, about anything and everything, his world and hers, fears and dreams, the state of his kingdom, though they were both hesitant to touch on the Necromancer.

The Little Witch also showed him an entrancing thing called 'anime.' Jareth especially liked the one called Fullmetal Alchemist. It enchanted him and he wasn't quite sure why. He had even taken to brushing down the shorter part of his hair down and braiding the rest. Jareth admired Edward Elric for his loyalty, bravery, and selflessness, though he wouldn't tell another soul that fact for anything. Except Theodora, mayhap it came up in conversation.

Jareth was in the middle of cleaning out the gutters when Mardy came out with his phone to his ear. "Sir, hold on one moment." He covered the speaking end, "Your Highness, would you mind doing me a favor?" The Mardinsons had started keeping their true forms visible to Theodora and Jareth alone. To everyone else, they were the sweet old couple they had been for ages.

"If you finally call me by name, then you have a deal." He cleared out the leaves in the section he had been working on.

He debated for a moment, "Fine, Jareth" the warrior bit out uncomfortably. "Only because I'm desperate. I have a work emergency and I need to leave now. Theodora asked me to pick her up from school today, but obviously I can't. Can you do it? You just need to walk her to the golf course, it's Daniels' day to train her."

"Yes, but-."

"Great! I'll leave directions for you, so you can get to the school. I would advise you leave after you've finished that. You are wonderful, sir. I will make it up to you. Thank you, You Majesty!" He rushed inside talking into his phone again.

"Well, we were close to a first name basis." Jareth sighed as he finished his task and went to clean up.

Soon, he was on his way, squinting at the hasty scrawl trying to decipher the directions to the school. Eventually, Jareth made it to the tall, brown, brick building. It was two stories and wide set, with many windows. The entrance doors were glass, surrounded by large windows.

The Goblin King seemed to be early, so he sat in the shade of one of the many trees in front of the school and read the book he'd brought with him. During his time here, he had grown quite fond of Harry Potter and was already nearly finished with the third book. Just as Snape leapt in front of the Golden Trio to protect them from a werewolf, a bell rang somewhere in the building and a few moments later, students were flooding out of the main doors like ants from a fire. Some swarmed the cars waiting, some drove themselves, other had thin metal riding devices, and the rest took off on foot. Jareth stood and magicked the book to more manageable size to fit in his pocket and leaned on the tree to wait.

Finally, he spotted her. She wore a white and gray striped shirt, shorts almost to her knees, and sturdy, brown boots, on her back, she carried a black pack. Her hair hung in a curtain, covering her face as she watched the ground on which she walked, and shone a fiery red in the light. Jareth stood straight to get her attention when his sight was blocked by three girls who stood in front of him.