Dori(17)

I should have practiced that more, was Dori's first thought upon waking. She found herself to be in a large, comfortable, four-poster bed sided by heavy red curtains. Beyond the curtains were stone walls with a large window whose curtains matched the bed and sturdy, handcrafted furniture.

The wardrobe was made of a rich, brown wood that Dori couldn't name, and had dark, decorative moldings. Next to that was a matching chest-of-drawers, made of the same wood and locks on the drawers and topped with a mirror. Against another wall, there was a vanity made of a darker wood, with an ornate mirror and seat. It's like stepping into Game of Thrones, she thought blearily. Rubbing her eyes as she got up, she noticed the boxes with her name were moved into the room.

Surmising that this was to be her new room, she decided to unpack a little before exploring and finding her friends. After hanging up her clothes in the wardrobe - what a weird word - she folded the rest and put them in the drawers. She opened another box and her small library of books looked back at her forlornly.

Dori had several personal rules and one was very important to her: books do not belong in boxes.

To her dismay, there was no bookshelf in her room. We'll have to remedy that immediately. Folding the box back up, Dori finally opened her bedroom door. A long, stone corridor met her gaze.

Closing her eyes to concentrate, see let the buzzing creature in her mind guide her way. About 60 yards down the hallway, her hand met a cool metal handle. Dori opened her eyes and found herself in front of large, wooden, double doors.

Knocking on the door hurt, but she grew excited upon hearing the deep voice answering "Come in!"

Inside, Jareth was sitting at a desk looking over some paper work with a quill in hand. His large chair had a winged back and it was a deep blue. He was sitting sideways in the chair, he had one leg thrown over the arm and the other drawn up to him.

His room was much the same as hers, though hers

"Nan, I told you I wasn't going to eat until-" he cut off, realizing she wasn't, in fact, this 'Nan.' "You're awake!"

The king wasted no time in coming around the desk and taking her face in his hands, bringing her close enough for a sound kiss. "You shouldn't tire yourself out like that. That was some really difficult magic you performed." Dori went to protest, but she was cut off."That being said," he wrapped his arms around her, "I am so very proud of you."

She blushed and hid her face as she hugged him back. "Thanks."

"Do you like your room? We can move you if you don't; I just thought, because it was the closest to my chambers-" his words were stopped by a kiss.

"It's great. Lacking a bookshelf, but it's a very nice room. Thank you."

"You want a bookshelf? The library is below us, I can show you the way."

"No Jay, for my books. The ones I brought from home."

Realization dawned on his face. "Oh! Alright! I shall have one commissioned for you."

Dori smiled. "Thanks, dear. Now, where are Mardy and Sally?"

"They are in their home, unpacked, settled and endlessly happy to be back."

"What about you?"

"My dear, with you here, I am absolutely ecstatic. I love you."

"I love you, too" she kissed him again, breaking away when her stomach growled, loudly.

Jareth laughed. "Let's go down to the kitchens and see if we can't get some supper. Plus, Nan has been dying to meet you."

The castle was magnificent.